uluahunta808 Posted August 28, 2009 Report Posted August 28, 2009 dang you know alot about making good boxes. well do you wanna help me design a box for a orion xtr?
k3n12ock Posted August 28, 2009 Report Posted August 28, 2009 A lot of good info in this thread. Props OP for the thread and Nightshade for the info. 05 xB - (2) EVIL 18s - (2) BC3500s - NO WALL Channel 1: http://www.youtube.com/k3n12ock Channel 2: http://www.youtube.com/MrK3n12ock2
LordArcane Posted August 28, 2009 Report Posted August 28, 2009 not to thread jack but this seems like the right place and time to ask this question how would i figure out the area of this port? this is the foot print of the port and its 10" high
Nightshade Posted August 28, 2009 Report Posted August 28, 2009 dang you know alot about making good boxes. well do you wanna help me design a box for a orion xtr?Send me a pm with some info and we'll talk. I've helped quite a few here on the forum with their designs. I'm actually in the middle of a design right now for a member. So far I haven't had a single person that has been disapointed with one of my designs yet. I guess that I should start to charge for them huh? 2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo 1 Sundown Audio SCV2000 1 Sundown Audio X15 V2 1 XS Power D3100 Audio Control LC6i Stock Deck 146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz 2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore ChampionHighest NSPL Scores to date:154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz
brsteinbach Posted August 28, 2009 Report Posted August 28, 2009 I don't recommend it but I'm tuned to around 28hz - 27hz and just absolutely destroy anything 30hz to 22hz range but lack in loudness at around 40 and higher. I can still hit them and they sound really good, but they are just not very loud. I love the 30hz down bass but I'm not as loud as I used to be when I was tuned to 31hz. Not a huge difference but I was experimenting. lol. Just my .2 cents. 2 Infinity Reference 1252w 12s 4.2 cubic foot box tuned to 28hz Sub amp: 1 Profile AP1200 Speaker amp: 1 Sony Xplod XM-504z Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X492 4 and 8 Gauge Knu Big III In 1/0 All in my 90 Accord Diamonds are forever, but 9's end that shit fast....
Nightshade Posted August 28, 2009 Report Posted August 28, 2009 From what I'm seeing is that the port is 1.75" wide by 10" tall. If that is right then each side will have 17.5sqin of port, so 35sqin of port total is what it will be. What I don't understand is why the bottom of the port is only 2" wide. It should be 3.5" wide since that would be the same as each side added together. If you only make it 2" wide at the bottom it will be tapered and might not sound good or work at all. 2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo 1 Sundown Audio SCV2000 1 Sundown Audio X15 V2 1 XS Power D3100 Audio Control LC6i Stock Deck 146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz 2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore ChampionHighest NSPL Scores to date:154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz
LordArcane Posted August 28, 2009 Report Posted August 28, 2009 the port i was showing is all sq. thats just like a top veiw of it its all 2" wide till it hits the angle"v" part of it then each side of the v is 1.75", it should be 2 but i got lazy with the math at the time and just did it that way to make it easier for me to build. i never fully figured out the area of the port cuz well honestly wasn't sure how to. lol its the port in box i got now aka my first box build. but anyways thanks for all the info nightshade and are you going to start chagring for box design help? lol if not you might get pm from me Edit: i color coded the measurements of the port if that helps any looking from the top thats how the port would look wide and depth "bad spelling i think" and the height is 10" but anyways ya lol
troy Posted August 28, 2009 Report Posted August 28, 2009 i think you should tune in the middle of the bass frequncies. if you absolutely wanna hit everything possible with no rolloff once so ever get a sealed box retarded build on the way..... 2000 bagged s10 2 hdc3 15s aq2200 aq4x90 stinger/knu wire optima batteries 220 amp alt fosgate hu/mids and highs
matt402 Posted August 28, 2009 Report Posted August 28, 2009 good infos nightshade, have u ever made an aeroport out of mdf rings? (i was thinkin of trying this for a burp box).
k3n12ock Posted August 28, 2009 Report Posted August 28, 2009 good infos nightshade, have u ever made an aeroport out of mdf rings? (i was thinkin of trying this for a burp box). Word. I'd like to try an aeroport box. 05 xB - (2) EVIL 18s - (2) BC3500s - NO WALL Channel 1: http://www.youtube.com/k3n12ock Channel 2: http://www.youtube.com/MrK3n12ock2
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.