I have been shopping around looking at HID conversions for my 'Prix recently, because the stock lights, well, suck. However, if I do get a chance to buy a conversion, I want to try and do away with the daytime running lights on my car from the factory. Basically whenever my car is on with the e-brake disengaged, my headlamps are on. No other bulbs, just the 9006s. Does anyone know if there is a way to bypass this?

EDIT because I can't spell.

Edited by ktownsdriftking

Too many projects, too little time...

I have been shopping around looking at HID conversions for my 'Prix recently, becaust the stock lights, well, suck. However, if I do get a chance to buy a conversion, I want to try and do away with the daytime running lights on my car from the factory. Basically whenever my car is on with the e-brake disengaged, my headlamps are on. No other bulbs, just the 9006s. Does anyone know if there is a way to bypass this?

It's the same on a lot of cars... Not required though, look at the pontiac forums. Search for disable DRL's, There's a relay that controls the circuit and there's also a sensor... I don't know if it's as simple as removing the relay on that car in particular though. You should be able to find some information on how to go about it. If the cars 06 and down, I can pull all of the wiring diagrams needed. Just let me know, on some cadillacs that I've disabled them on it throws a code for the sensor being bad. So there's some wiring modifications that needed to be done. Don't know if your car would be the same.

1993 Chevrolet SWB Pickup

Viper 791XV

Primer Stage

5/8 Static Drop

Kinetik HC1800

Big 3 Knu Flex 0

Team Tex Flex

look around the net for your car and also contact some local shops. I am about to do the same to my car, 09 jetta, but the vee-dubs run VAG-COM, and through that we can do all sorta of neat shit lol. more then likely someone/somewhere will be able to help you out alot more

like noted above, look around for a specific forum dedicated to your car type/make.

The Setup

2009 Volkswagen Jetta

2 Alpine SWR-1222D's in 2 seperate boxes tuned to 33hz

1 Kicker ZX1001.1

Stock 140A Alt

Stock speakers

check on www.gpona.com

it is a grandprix forum with some good info and some pretty kool guys on it.

Edited by shainemcconnell

2010 IDBL Rookie 1 North American Champion

2009 IDBL Rookie 1 Fl State Champion

2009 EBB Fly Weight 3rd Place Fl State Finals

2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup.

Team Pure Pressure

dat12.jpgkonfused22copyn.gif

logottu.jpgproductimage.jpgpoweringlogosm.jpg

I have been shopping around looking at HID conversions for my 'Prix recently, because the stock lights, well, suck. However, if I do get a chance to buy a conversion, I want to try and do away with the daytime running lights on my car from the factory. Basically whenever my car is on with the e-brake disengaged, my headlamps are on. No other bulbs, just the 9006s. Does anyone know if there is a way to bypass this?
What year is your car? If it's a 2000 or later then I'd suggest contacting BBEngineering and see if he can make up a harness for you. He's made one for my car but it's $75 and unfortunately there's no other way to get around it w/o throwing a code or messing up the function of the lights. If it's a later model like I said, our car's have alot in common so I feel your pain.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

my car is a 2002 GM and it was a simple as cutting a wire at the bcm and grounding it. No codes or problems for the last 3 years since ive done it.

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

I'm also curious as how to delete my daytime running lights for my 97 Blazer....they are annoying and I want to put HIDs in my high beams but cannot. CAn someone PM on how to do this, thanks.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...