ok when putting a amp on each coil of a dvc sub how do you set the amp so each coils is recieving the exact amount of power?

if it helps any it would be 2 saz-1500s on a dc lvl5.

Edited by troy

retarded build on the way.....

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

fosgate hu/mids and highs

yeah you want the amps to be setup as close as you possibly can. i'm guessing you got dual 1 ohm coils right?

edit: sorry i read it wrong

when i did this about a year ago i set both amps up with a DMM and an o-scope. make sure they are putting out the same volts. if you are off by a couple of tenths of so it will be fine but you don't want one putting out 36 volts and the other amp doing 18 volts. i say volts because thats what the multimeter will read. you can convert the volts to watts to see output if you want.

Edited by brewer_brewer

yeah you want the amps to be setup as close as you possibly can. i'm guessing you got dual 1 ohm coils right?

yea. would it be the same just to strap the amps and wire the sub to 2 ohms?

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

if those amps are strapable then yea that would be the better, easier way.

yes, and strapping them means that there is a "master/slave" set-up going on, SO whatever the output on the "master" is, the "slave" will match it. Strapping capabilities were made almost entirely for what you're doing. Both ways work almost the exact same though

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

Strap the amps. Don't waste your money on a Maxx-Link.

when you strap the amps do you only have to set one gain or both of them???

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

its true also that when using fosgate amps all you have to do is daisy chain them and you only have to set the gain on the first one right?

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

when you strap the amps do you only have to set one gain or both of them???

Yes, the master amp is the only amp that you use the controls for. That's why it's so nice to strap a pair of amps.

On the other hand if you wanted to run one per coil you could unhook the sub wire from each amp. Then play a 50hz test tone at your max listening volume and find the AC voltage using a dmm with the + from the meter in the + from the amp and the - from the meter in the - from the amp. Let's say that your getting 47.6 volts AC out of the 1500d at your max listening volume. You won't be able to know if the signal is clipped so you'll have to use your best judgement when listening to it to determine if it sounds like shit. Anyway now you need to do the same thing with the other amp and set it to the same 47.6 volts. This is called gain matching and is much better when you can use an O-scope to see if the signal is clipped. I can tell you though if you have all your eq settings to flat and don't go ape shit on the volume 47.6 volts out of an saz1500d is not going to be a clipped signal. Also do not use the bass boost at all!!!

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz