Second Skin Audio

recone question on centering

so basically i reconed my first sub last week havent got a chance to put it in yet

but the problem is that when i push the sub down on one side in a certen spot i can feel it barely rubing

when i push in the middle nothing rubs

i used some business card to center it before i glued everything down i made sure nothing was rubbing and it wasnt

after that glue dry before i put on the dust cap i checked again and nothing was rubbing and it has been sitting in my room for about a week because i am still waiting for ups to bring me my amp :(

and today when i used one finger to push down on it and moved inch my inch aroung the sub pushing down and at one spot i can feel it rubbing once again when i push the sub in the center nothing rubs?

is ther anything i can do to fix this? or do you all think it should be fine? or am i fucked?

thanks for the help in advance

so basically i reconed my first sub last week havent got a chance to put it in yet

but the problem is that when i push the sub down on one side in a certen spot i can feel it barely rubing

when i push in the middle nothing rubs

i used some business card to center it before i glued everything down i made sure nothing was rubbing and it wasnt

after that glue dry before i put on the dust cap i checked again and nothing was rubbing and it has been sitting in my room for about a week because i am still waiting for ups to bring me my amp :(

and today when i used one finger to push down on it and moved inch my inch aroung the sub pushing down and at one spot i can feel it rubbing once again when i push the sub in the center nothing rubs?

is ther anything i can do to fix this? or do you all think it should be fine? or am i fucked?

thanks for the help in advance

as long as no noise when push center you are good. off course if you push on one side it is going to flex to one side. and rub

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=29213 "sleeper build"

(1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10

(2) PowermasterD2700 batteries

ALL FOR SALE

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR

as long as no noise when push center you are good. off course if you push on one side it is going to flex to one side. and rub

alright that is good to know i thought i was fucked and gonna have to drop some money on another recone

anyone else? just wanna get a little more opinion?

I bet your fine. How tight were the cards in the gap? if it was lose, that could be a problem, because the glue could settle while it was sitting more at a shift, and might not be noticeable till high excursion

but if you can press on the dome, your more than likely fine

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

i use manilla folders when i do all of mine.

and if you roll them up real tight and then let them unroll inside of the former and then push the coil into the gap then you can get alot tighter fit.

i get all of mine so tight that i have to hold the cone down when i pull the folders out or the coil will try to pull out with the folders.

i've done about 30 recones so far without a single problem.

did you remember to pull the cards out? i know someone who did this and had to pop the dustcap off and yank the cards and reglue the dust cap.

like brewer I use a manilla envolope to do this and it works much better

Manilla envelope for the win, then you don't have a chance of leaving it in the gap by mistake :lol:

Unless you're doing some crazy SPL sub... had one recently that we could only shim with a glossy magazine cover because the gap was so tight :o

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

^^yea i hate the tight gap ones. I reconed a concert setup JBL 18 and that thing was ridiculous tight. the gap was so tight i almost couldn't fit a piece of printer paper in there.

You should be fine like everyone says.

As long as you can push on it in the center and don't feel anything rub your good.

If it will make you feel better you can take a new sub after the suspension is loosened up and push on one side and make the coil rub in the gap.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png