Box Design for 2 18" BTL's in a Avalanche....last page

cnate777

Let us know man.. im sure some one could design you up something sweet for your ride if you need some one to do it.. But yeah, if it still acts funny with that new box your getting, i say eliminate alot of the stuff from the equation and you will eventually narrow it down to the reason that is causing it to mess up

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Great suggestion....anyone know someone that designs......I need a new box....hopefully one that works this time....hahaha........thanks guys for the input......

Rockford Fosgate

Sundown Audio

DC Power Inc

XS

Autometer

Pioneer

I know james does for a really small fee.. few others on here that do it for free tho

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

you have to little port and to much air space

I would do 10ft tuned to 35hz with 150" of port

Just curious how you came to those numbers??????10 cubes after displacement, bracing, 45's and port?????????

Rockford Fosgate

Sundown Audio

DC Power Inc

XS

Autometer

Pioneer

you have to little port and to much air space

I would do 10ft tuned to 35hz with 150" of port

150" of port is entirely too little for 2 18" BTL's.

I would suggest going with about 250^2" of port area for those subs. And 10^3' of box is the bare minimum suggested for a pair with 20^3 being the top of the suggested range.

Edit: And yes, you measure cubic feet AFTER displacement. That goes for port tuning also so plan plan plan.

For someone who doesn't even know that, how you gonna tell army guy a bout something he don't know?

I would suggest going with about 250^2" of port area for those subs. And 10^3' of box is the bare minimum suggested for a pair with 20^3 being the top of the suggested range.

Edit: And yes, you measure cubic feet AFTER displacement. That goes for port tuning also so plan plan plan.

For someone who doesn't even know that, how you gonna tell army guy a bout something he don't know?

HAHA.....this thread keeps gettin better and better.......yeah I knew that how do you think I built the box I have now dude.......if that is the case than the box i have now is good........like a wise man said opinions are like ASSHOLES

Rockford Fosgate

Sundown Audio

DC Power Inc

XS

Autometer

Pioneer

HAHA.....this thread keeps gettin better and better.......yeah I knew that how do you think I built the box I have now dude.......if that is the case than the box i have now is good........like a wise man said opinions are like ASSHOLES

Who gave an opinion other then yourself?

If your box is good it's good. I never said to the contrary. Just give it a new, bigger port. 100^2 isn't cutting it. If your box can take the hit of a 250^2" port (43.8" long for 10 cubic feet, that's 7.7 cubes of displacement if you use 3/4 mdf for all 4 walls of the port---just an example) then so be it. Make the port and try it out and quit lashing out at everyone who has attempted to help you.

good luck keeping those subs together with 250" of port for a 10ft box thats 25" per foot subs are not gonna like that daily you act like he is running lms or xxx with huge excursion the btls will be good in 10ft and 150" of port I have heard them in that box before straight swap from MT's sounded great for btl's the more power the less box and port used unless you don't use them daily I will be running 4 15's in 11ft in my blazer so I can keep my subs together with 5-7k each sub

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

im with wenn on this one

justin smith

1996 mercury grand marquis

20'' bentchi b7 lexani n3000 245/35/20

cactus 5kw at 1ohm dcr(beast)

2 18'' btl's in a 14.15^ft wall tuned to 35hz with 210'' of port

kicker zx650.4

componets in still the works

200amp motorcraft alt

xs power d3100 (beast)

kenwood ddx512 h.u.

you mean my EX? the one I dumped? just remember every time you kiss her that i used to cum in her mouth

and BTW your girl just called me....

pure pwnage

Archived