How long do batteries last?

I have a old battery from a build about 8 years old, I think its a dry cell or gel cell, could it be still good? Should I toss it on the charger to find out, or is that a bad idea to trickle charge either of those two batteries?

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

I have a dry cell in my truck goin on 9 years old stiil doin work.They have never been taken out of use like yours. I would charge them and see. To me that the only way you will find out. Charge them then load test them. If I'm wrong sorry. Well good luck on your Batterys.

I dont have a full charging system, I only a have trickle charger...Its on my list of things to get soon, such as air compressor, and a real tool set...next time I head to a buddies house that has I will take over and try it....

next question about the battery, can I do the big three upgrade, but only to the second battery and then connect that strait to the main battery, if that makes sense..both batteries would be in the engine compartment to make that work...

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

Archived