Sonic Electronix

The CVR's are 100each ( http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_m23_i41...subwoofers.html )

The Alpine "R's" are 130 each ( http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_4281_A...D+-TYPE+R-.html )

The AQ SDC 2.5's are 139 each ( http://www.audioque.com/aq/order.htm )

Would what I said to begin with be the better choice? I personally have NO FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE with any of those woofers, however I would tend to believe that those AQ's would be louder, last longer, and sound better then those other 2 choices based on the proper enclosure/amp choice...... Just my 2 cents.

they would all essentially last forever granted your not abusing them. i to this day have never smoked a subwoofer. Ive seen type r 12s for 100 each and cvrs for 79 each so thats where those prices came in

• 8 months later...

Ok folks, I know it has been a while since I posted in here... However... I have a new question, I ran out of money last August unfortunately and now have a new proposition. I have a friend who has an MTX Thunder 1250x Amplifier (old school look, but powerful enough to please my ears)... Anyway, he has two different subs he could offer me which are both properly boxed in sealed enclosures. Anyway, I need to know how much I should offer for the MTX Thunder 1250x Amp, which can be found below. Now here is my dilemma.. I need help between choosing one of two subs, I think a single 10" will suffice now knowing the options he has.

I can either choose a JL audio 10W6 (first one with Dual 6 Ohm coils) or an Audiobahn 10" AWC10T which is a dual 4 Ohm woofer. From what I've read, I know that the amp is capable of running at 2 Ohm's in bridged mode but not of course recommended, which is why I am thinking the 10W6 might be the better way to go meaning I would be running 1 Ohm lower than the amps spec. The cone is solid on both woofers... What do you folks recommend? Also how much would you suggest for either woofer? I don't want to low ball him in any means as we have been good friends for a while, but I don't want to be ripped off either. Thanks much! =D

MTX Thunder 2150x:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-JTmm74Ythm2/p_236TH2150X/MTX-Thunder-2150X.html?c=3&tab=detailed_info

Edited by killap4oc

-----------------------------------

Jenna

97 Mazda B2300

Looking for an AMP and SUB setup

Have 4 gauge wiring, twisted rca cables, and deck.

i have 2 kicker 12 inch cvt's and i love em.. they get really loud for the price and space they take up. i highly reccomend them!! :drinks:

BUILD LINK: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/112034-2-sundown-18s-98-f-150/page__p__1565972__fromsearch__1#entry1565972

98 Ford F-150
Truck:
37" superswamper tsl radials
16" ion alloy wheels
3" body lift
2" suspension lift
Offbrand brushguard
PIAA driving lights
6000K HID's
System:
2 18" Sundown Nightshaed
Aq3500
Custom Fiberglass box
fosgate T1 6x8 Coxials
bass inferno 2000 watt 4 channel
2 XS power d3100's
0 Gauge

ohhh wow the convo really chaangesd haha DIDNT REALIZE IT WAS FORM LAST YEAR!!!!!!

BUILD LINK: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/112034-2-sundown-18s-98-f-150/page__p__1565972__fromsearch__1#entry1565972

98 Ford F-150
Truck:
37" superswamper tsl radials
16" ion alloy wheels
3" body lift
2" suspension lift
Offbrand brushguard
PIAA driving lights
6000K HID's
System:
2 18" Sundown Nightshaed
Aq3500
Custom Fiberglass box
fosgate T1 6x8 Coxials
bass inferno 2000 watt 4 channel
2 XS power d3100's
0 Gauge

Sooo ummm... How about an answer to my original question...

Love ~Jenna~

Jenna

97 Mazda B2300

Refer to post 22 please... I'm not sure, I would like to keep it cheap but don't want to spend too much. I would really like to buy one of the 10" subs and amp off of my friend. Out of what I asked in post 22 what would you offer for the amp and which sub and how much? I don't have much room to spare as I have a regular cab Mazda B2300. So a single 10" should be fine =D

Jenna

97 Mazda B2300

Yes, I read the whole thread, but a budget would help us decide. I personally wouldn't run any of it unless I was on a limited budget and it was my only option. Or if I had limitless money and that setup was the only thing on my mind, I would pay 1000 for it. Catch my drift?

That amp at 3ohm bridged probably won't perform the way you are expecting. And it probably won't do much to the W6. If you're set on that amp, you should really look into different coil setups or a couple smaller subs.

EDIT: I might pay $20 for that amp if I considered it, dead honest.

Edited by Neo_frog

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Yes, I read the whole thread, but a budget would help us decide. I personally wouldn't run any of it unless I was on a limited budget and it was my only option. Or if I had limitless money and that setup was the only thing on my mind, I would pay 1000 for it. Catch my drift?

That amp at 3ohm bridged probably won't perform the way you are expecting. And it probably won't do much to the W6. If you're set on that amp, you should really look into different coil setups or a couple smaller subs.

EDIT: I might pay $20 for that amp if I considered it, dead honest.

Well unfortunately I do not want to spend too much as this time considering my last system got stolen from my car. However I am in a much less stereo theft type of city now. I am thinking anywhere between 100-150 dollars if at all possible. I know for that price I'm not going to get much, however the last system I had was worth about that in just the amp and sub and it was still satisfactory for me. Even though I have larger tastes than Visonik now... Who the hell steals a 10" Visonik Sub and a VR3 Amp?

Jenna

97 Mazda B2300