Sonic Electronix

Hi there everyone. I am Jenna from North Manchester, IN (a small town where the college seems to be the only thing the town is about, HAHA). I was brought to this site because of Steve's YouTube videos and thought I might be able to get some help here, either from Steve or any of you other people.

Anyway I was wondering if anyone could help with a suggestion for a relatively inexpensive Mono Block Class D, or an A/B amp that would power 2 12" Kicker CVR woofers? With this said I have not bought the woofers yet, however I really like the cost effectiveness of those woofers and love how they sound in my friend's car. So if I am recommended 2 ohm or 4 ohm woofers, I am willing to go either way for those speakers. Also I am planning to put these into a 97 Mazda B2300, pretty much the equivalent of a Ford Ranger Standard Cab. Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks!

-----------------------------------

Jenna

97 Mazda B2300

Looking for an AMP and SUB setup

Have 4 gauge wiring, twisted rca cables, and deck.

There are just a ton of options out there TBH. HEre is a great amp for starters ( http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17597_...+BXi+1210D.html ) 1200RMS watts @ 1ohm.

**EDIT*** forget those kicker cvr's, and get these ( http://www.audioque.com/aq/SDC2_5_Series.htm ) Very affordable woofer, and will GET VERY VERY loud. I think the 12's are only 139$ each.

Edited by newls1

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

hmm, amp wise I am going to recommend the Diablo audio Hellfire 1000. check them out at www.diabloaudiotechnologies.com

oh and welcome to the forum.

Edited by shainemcconnell

2010 IDBL Rookie 1 North American Champion

2009 IDBL Rookie 1 Fl State Champion

2009 EBB Fly Weight 3rd Place Fl State Finals

2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup.

Team Pure Pressure

dat12.jpgkonfused22copyn.gif

logottu.jpgproductimage.jpgpoweringlogosm.jpg

**EDIT*** forget those kicker cvr's, and get these ( http://www.audioque.com/aq/SDC2_5_Series.htm ) Very affordable woofer, and will GET VERY VERY loud. I think the 12's are only 139$ each.

X2 on the AQ subs, I'm assuming you're gonna go with a sealed enclosure??..Just make sure you have enough airspace for 12's cuz if you don't then 10's in the right enclosure will outdo 12's in a wrong enclosure.

Edit: Can AQ subs go in sealed enclosures?

Edited by tech2332

tech2332.png

My Official Feedback Thread

PSN - tech2332

Games for PS3: Killzone 2, BattleField: Bad Company 2! Add me to play either!

cost effectiveness seems like somethign your looking for while still retaining a decent amount of sound

id recommend either the cvrs that you already have experience with or some Alpine Type R's both are cheap monetarily wise and perform pretty well off lower power.

as for an amp i wont recommend a hellfire 1000 because thats 1. not const effective for your woofers, and 2 alot of power to run for your first setup on budget woofers.

id recommend looking for a used zx750 (perfect match for those kickers) or maybe an alpine mrp-m1000 for use with type R's

As for hifonics or audiopipe i wont recommend those because hifonics imo just isnt as reliable as they once were, and audiopipe run way to hot for my liking.

those AQs look to be a tad bit stouter then the AB's that I have, and about the same price, those look to be a decent woofer!

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

cost effectiveness seems like somethign your looking for while still retaining a decent amount of sound

id recommend either the cvrs that you already have experience with or some Alpine Type R's both are cheap monetarily wise and perform pretty well off lower power.

as for an amp i wont recommend a hellfire 1000 because thats 1. not const effective for your woofers, and 2 alot of power to run for your first setup on budget woofers.

id recommend looking for a used zx750 (perfect match for those kickers) or maybe an alpine mrp-m1000 for use with type R's

As for hifonics or audiopipe i wont recommend those because hifonics imo just isnt as reliable as they once were, and audiopipe run way to hot for my liking.

The CVR's are 100each ( http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_m23_i41...subwoofers.html )

The Alpine "R's" are 130 each ( http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_4281_A...D+-TYPE+R-.html )

The AQ SDC 2.5's are 139 each ( http://www.audioque.com/aq/order.htm )

Would what I said to begin with be the better choice? I personally have NO FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE with any of those woofers, however I would tend to believe that those AQ's would be louder, last longer, and sound better then those other 2 choices based on the proper enclosure/amp choice...... Just my 2 cents.

Edited by newls1

Im sure he appreciates all of the suggestions you guys are giving him, but what most of you fail to realize is that this type of truck has almost NO space behind the seats. Mounting depth is a huge issue. In fact i doubt hell be able to put 2 cvrs behind the seats without loosing 4-5 clicks from his seats. So these beefy subs like the sdc and the type r are not going to fit without some serious remodeling of the truck. In fact i know that even the cvrs wont fit in any ranger/mazda b2300 prefab enclosure. The allowable mounting depth on the prefab enclosures is something like 4.5 inches or something small. Personally id look into some cvts before i consider cvrs. Until you do a blow through you're not gonna have too many options

4 15" dc audio level 4 xl's in 4th order blow through

2 IA 40.1's at 2 ohms strapped with 3.9 rise...currently own 4 IA 40.1s.....

1 06zx3504 running Kicker QS 6 1/2's

1 iraggi 180 amp alt

1 optima d34 yellow top under hood

5 deka intimidators

HU - Eclipse AVX5000 W/ DCU-105

Termlabed 157db at 38hz 6000 watts

Im sure he appreciates all of the suggestions you guys are giving him, but what most of you fail to realize is that this type of truck has almost NO space behind the seats. Mounting depth is a huge issue. In fact i doubt hell be able to put 2 cvrs behind the seats without loosing 4-5 clicks from his seats. So these beefy subs like the sdc and the type r are not going to fit without some serious remodeling of the truck. In fact i know that even the cvrs wont fit in any ranger/mazda b2300 prefab enclosure. The allowable mounting depth on the prefab enclosures is something like 4.5 inches or something small. Personally id look into some cvts before i consider cvrs. Until you do a blow through you're not gonna have too many options

No way, he can fit 2 12" sealed SDC/R's/etc....... it can happen, I have seen it/heard it.