is the 55w just a higher watt bulb than the 35w? or is it brighter too, i know nothing about hid's but wanna pick some up soon

I dont clame to know it all but this is what I know from learning over the years. lol

Some kits have 50-55w ballast and come with 35w bulbs. and will not put out much more light.

If you want 50-55w make sure they come with 50w bulbs.

And some kits that are too cheep the ballast will stop working so some times you get what you pay for.

I see you want 10000k thats take a lot away of the light out up.

If you look for the lumen out put that will help you tell whats putting out what.

The more K the less the light out put.

I am using arcmen 50w ballast and bulbs at 5100k putting out 5665.76 lumens.

I got them in 2007 still going strong and working well.

Just dont pay too much or too less lol.

alot are out there that are the same thing just diffirent names.

Hope that helps you out some what

if any one wants to know more just ask.

Hey Thewes

when you put them in post some pics.

The kit you got is good DDM has some nice stof.

I know the oem of them in china.

very informative post!!! im not looking for 10k thats way to blue for me, i want something in the 6k range was just curious about how the ballasts "W" worked, no more thread jack, thank you :)

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

Do you really NEED a 55w bulb? The 35w HID's are plenty.

The bulb has nothing to do with its wattage, that would be the ballast/igniter. And yeah I NEED the 55 watts. 35 isn't cutting it for me anymore.

is the 55w just a higher watt bulb than the 35w? or is it brighter too, i know nothing about hid's but wanna pick some up soon

Logan, the 55 watt HID kits just use more power (from my basic understanding of electricity). This also means the bulb puts out a bit more heat, but still might even be cooler than basic halogens. (Halogens pass current through filaments to create light and also heat, HID lights arc and ignite xenon gas I believe)

I dont clame to know it all but this is what I know from learning over the years. lol

Some kits have 50-55w ballast and come with 35w bulbs. and will not put out much more light.

If you want 50-55w make sure they come with 50w bulbs.

And some kits that are too cheep the ballast will stop working so some times you get what you pay for.

I see you want 10000k thats take a lot away of the light out up.

If you look for the lumen out put that will help you tell whats putting out what.

The more K the less the light out put.

I am using arcmen 50w ballast and bulbs at 5100k putting out 5665.76 lumens.

I got them in 2007 still going strong and working well.

Just dont pay too much or too less lol.

alot are out there that are the same thing just diffirent names.

Hope that helps you out some what

if any one wants to know more just ask.

Good luck

Im well aware of all of that thanks James. I am running Apexcone Ballasts/bulbs, and all of their bulbs are rated 55 watts, so there is no problem along those lines. I am running 8000 kelvin bulbs now, and I like it. The 55 watt kits wash out color, so I figured it would be safe to say 10000k would resemble 8000k.

Thanks for all the replies everyone, but I am just wondering if anyone has seen a 55 watt 1000k kit? My main concern are the lights being a bit too blue.

teamsundown-1.jpg

this are my 10k with 35 watt bulbs and i wanted to get the 55 watt ones but dont think it will make that much of a diffrenece

Posted Image

Now i have 12k and they a little bit too much purple

Check out my build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...mp;#entry717600

GUERO.jpg

4 12" Kicker L7's

1 zx2500.1 Kicker Amp

1 zx650.4 Kicker Amp

All Kicker 1/0 Wire

Headunit Jvc Kw-Nx7000

3 sets of 6.5 Image Dynamics CXS6 series

Just to show you all what mine look like...

Let me know what you all think.

They are 5100k 50w

Thanks

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

that does not look bad. are they in projectors? the beam does not seam to have to many hotspots
you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

damn that place has some good prices. the cheaper HID kits they have are like $40.

i might have to pick up a kit.

im about to buy a 55w 4500 d2s "kit" for the truck. im thinking about a 3k kit for my fogs. the $40 ones

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

im about to buy a 55w 4500 d2s "kit" for the truck. im thinking about a 3k kit for my fogs. the $40 ones

if you buy them let me know how they are. i get paid sunday so ill have a little cash to play with and might have to get some headlights soon, my shit now is so dim i cant see shit. i need new housings too but HID's would be better than halogens in new housings.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

Archived