Maxim Posted September 2, 2009 Report Posted September 2, 2009 I can't wait to see this box up and running. I'm still not sure how effective the port will be, so it'll be interesting to see how that works out. 1" hole for a port for 4 8's. I was expecting much more area than that to be needed... wtf is lolcats? I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers. I was hoping for 150 . I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt
310_cutty Posted September 2, 2009 Author Report Posted September 2, 2009 I can't wait to see this box up and running. I'm still not sure how effective the port will be, so it'll be interesting to see how that works out. 1" hole for a port for 4 8's. I was expecting much more area than that to be needed... It's cool cause if it doesn't sound good I just have to cover a 1" hole to make it sealed... LOL
310_cutty Posted September 2, 2009 Author Report Posted September 2, 2009 I can't wait to see this box up and running. I'm still not sure how effective the port will be, so it'll be interesting to see how that works out. 1" hole for a port for 4 8's. I was expecting much more area than that to be needed... Oops double post!!
310_cutty Posted September 2, 2009 Author Report Posted September 2, 2009 Oh, shit. I suck. I just realized the munting depth of these subs is 4.5 inches. I was designing the box using the BASKET depth of 2.4. So now the subs are gonna wind up towards the bottom of the box, with the "port" at the top, probably just in the middle... EDIT: So here's the new model. Subs in a row on the bottom, port top middle. I can't wait to see this box up and running. I'm still not sure how effective the port will be, so it'll be interesting to see how that works out. 1" hole for a port for 4 8's. I was expecting much more area than that to be needed...Has anyone else built a box like this one, with such small port area???If so than how did it sound?
Ray Posted September 2, 2009 Report Posted September 2, 2009 you only need 1.8 after for 4 re 8's vent needs to be 17-18sq in tune to 41hz 2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz
310_cutty Posted September 2, 2009 Author Report Posted September 2, 2009 you only need 1.8 after for 4 re 8's vent needs to be 17-18sq in tune to 41hz sry to sound stupid , but im confused...so i can get more port outta this box????
andym85 Posted September 2, 2009 Report Posted September 2, 2009 he is saying that the box needs to be about 1.8 cubes after sub and port displacement....with 18sq" of port, tuned to 41hz... i likes me some audio stuff...
CaptainzPlanetz Posted September 2, 2009 Report Posted September 2, 2009 So if I am thinking corrent the port for his box would be something like 2 inches tall, and 9 inches wide, or a variation of that, with whatever length needed to achieve the tuning frequency. ¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ Trolls never learn............ All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls. YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS? Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.
andym85 Posted September 2, 2009 Report Posted September 2, 2009 So if I am thinking corrent the port for his box would be something like 2 inches tall, and 9 inches wide, or a variation of that, with whatever length needed to achieve the tuning frequency.yea...about 10" long to achieve the tuning i likes me some audio stuff...
310_cutty Posted September 2, 2009 Author Report Posted September 2, 2009 So is there a way to modify the original plans to include a slot port?? Sry if my questions dont make sence or sound dumb. I'm new to this box building thing...
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.