Soldering Wires! Tips, Questions, Advice...

Hey, just a question..

I heard there were different kinds of solder material.. what is the best for using on power wires?? or any audio wires in general...

Dont mean to feel stupid but maybe others have the same question.. anyone know the best materials or methods for soldering wires...

ALSO...

I found this 5.00$ solder "pen" at walmart i was going to use to solder some wires to clamps and stuff.. would it do the job.. ? i've never soldered before so i wouldnt buy a torch.. unless its HIGHLY recommended.. lol...

Thanks guys!

06 SCION tC

Yeah just a regular pointed tip soldering iron/pen is what I use to get most little things done. They won't work if you use it on anything bigger than say, 12 gauge wire unless you change the tip to a larger one or get a torch. Torches really aren't that bad as long as you're careful.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

yea... well i've never seen or done soldering techniques, lol.. so i'll have ot test it out on something.. lol.

does the pen/iron really help out tho? would it be worth to spend $5 lol.. i mean i'm beginner lol.. so... maybe i'll get a small torch thing.. what you recommend for torch?? something pretty cheap by the way, if you havn't noticed.. lol.. i''ll prolly only use it on these wires when i upgrade my wiring.. so.. lol.. one time use kinda thing.. 10$ could i get like small tank and torch piece?

06 SCION tC

I use a small propane tank and rosin cored solder for my wires. A soldering iron will not work for soldering power wires. You need a torch. Just place the wire in vice (pointed upwards), place the ring terminal on top of it, and start filling in with solder. The solder will flow down in and among the wires. Then just keep going until it fills up and creates a nice smooth pool on top.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

sounds great!! i'll prolly pick it up.. and some soldering material.. what time of solder material should i get?? is there any that are best for electrical wires?
rosin core solder

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

My Walmart here carries all that...I always shop at Walmart, cause in my little town that is all we have. I have to drive 2 hours to go to home depot..I went to the city tonight, but wife was tired so I didn't go to Home Depot..I can by my Resin and mat here in town so I am ok...