Sundown Audio

Sub amp wont turn off

andreg3000

So I've noticed that my sub amp (Hifonics Brutus Bxi-2610D) ~6 mth old, doesn't turn off when I turn the car off or turn the headunit off.

I tested my remote and it's voltage shuts off properly when HU is off or car is off. My other mids amp (sharing the same electrical) works fine and turns off no problem.

It still plays fine when I put music to it and its never gone into protect, but with the car off the illuminating blue light is still on. The amp doesn't have any external fuses, but I've double checked all other fuses and they're all good.

I'm thinking there's something wrong internally with this amp, but I wanted to try and get some insight from someone before I go mailing this hunk of metal back to Hifonics.

Any insight is appreciated.

Here's a pic of the setup

IMG_2991.jpg

So I've noticed that my sub amp (Hifonics Brutus Bxi-2610D) ~6 mth old, doesn't turn off when I turn the car off or turn the headunit off.

I tested my remote and it's voltage shuts off properly when HU is off or car is off. My other mids amp (sharing the same electrical) works fine and turns off no problem.

It still plays fine when I put music to it and its never gone into protect, but with the car off the illuminating blue light is still on. The amp doesn't have any external fuses, but I've double checked all other fuses and they're all good.

I'm thinking there's something wrong internally with this amp, but I wanted to try and get some insight from someone before I go mailing this hunk of metal back to Hifonics.

Any insight is appreciated.

Here's a pic of the setup

IMG_2991.jpg

got the same amp man and she doesnt do that...my remote line is on a relay to boost the power since I got it on a switch and going to my zeus too...did you check the end of the remote line goin right into the brute? if you get 0.0 on that line, then it sounds like you might want to talk to hifonics...

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

got the same amp man and she doesnt do that...my remote line is on a relay to boost the power since I got it on a switch and going to my zeus too...did you check the end of the remote line goin right into the brute? if you get 0.0 on that line, then it sounds like you might want to talk to hifonics...

Yeah I did check the remote wire going to both amps and all is well. 12V+ with headunit on...0.0V with headunit off.

With the car and everything off (remote disconnected), the amp is still lit up and on..... I unplug the ground to the amp--->the lights go off/amp turns off---> (with everything still off) I re-connect the ground to the amp and it turns on.

Might have to call hifonics, just trying to save shipping this thing away and having no beat for however long.

Yeah I did check the remote wire going to both amps and all is well. 12V+ with headunit on...0.0V with headunit off.

With the car and everything off (remote disconnected), the amp is still lit up and on..... I unplug the ground to the amp--->the lights go off/amp turns off---> (with everything still off) I re-connect the ground to the amp and it turns on.

Might have to call hifonics, just trying to save shipping this thing away and having no beat for however long.

thats weird man, stumped me...sounds like somehow, (internally maybe) the remote and power lines are connected...which would be interesting cuz the remote connection is next to the speaker lines and not the power...so it just jumps the outside connection all together...before you send it out, maybe PM maxxsonics mike on here and see if he can help...

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

thats weird man, stumped me...sounds like somehow, (internally maybe) the remote and power lines are connected...which would be interesting cuz the remote connection is next to the speaker lines and not the power...so it just jumps the outside connection all together...before you send it out, maybe PM maxxsonics mike on here and see if he can help...

Thanks, yeah I think some how the amp is either grounding out on itself or the remote and power lines are possibly connected.

I don't know how this could happen since everything has been securely screwed down, no damage/drop, no significant voltage drop (never below 13.0V).

Maybe it just decided to create its own circuit and start screwing my shit up. Ill PM maxxsonics. Thanks

I def would do that PM or give them a call! Hope it all gets worked out.

Alpine CDA-9847 HU

F Highs 2x Infinity Kappa 60.9CS Powered by Eclipse EA4200 Glass door panels

R Highs Infinity Ref. 9622i powered by HU

3x RF Punch HX2 RFD2210 Powered by MTX Thunder 81000D

Box Vol. 3.259 before displacement, Tuned 36.6, Port area 54"