A few questions about speakers...

inm

Alright, so I've decided before I get subs, I need better speakers...

Here's the problem.

In my '98 Blazer, most of the speakers cut off at low volumes.

At 1 and 2, only the front right speakers are on, in the door and dash.

At 3 and 4, the front left ones cut on, against door and dash.

The back right speakers cut on at the same time as front left, and and back left don't even come on until about 8!

So, I just wanted to know, would this be the speakers (stock) or the wiring to the headunit (aftermarket; Alpine) that's causing this?

Either way, I want new speakers.

Now, what all would I need to use new speakers? Like, would need any type of amp, or anything?

Please help. Any help is appreciated.

Also, suggestions for cheap, but reliable speakers would be good too.

Sizes:

Dash: 4x6

Front Door: 6 3/4

Back Door: 5 1/4

At the time, I do not want to make custom pods in the doors or anything, but I may in the future.

edit-

Wow, I was not paying attention when I even selected where to post this... Is this in the right section? haha

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

deo you have a amp running to them?if they are cuting out you may have a short somewhere.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

For the price range... just something that isn't "too much."

And by "too much," I mean "too much" for an 11th grader, bringing in ~$100 a month.

Not much income, as I have no "real" job... But, I don't have any bills or shit to pay, so yeah...

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

If you look on crutchfield you can find some decent speakers that will suit your needs for fairly cheap. And as duct tape already stated alpine type s speakers are fairly good and a pretty reasonably priced speaker. I had a pair of them in the rear deck of my old car and i had three type r 12s in the trunk, the type s speakers took the beating from the subs with pride

It sounds to me like that stock speakers have bit the dust. As far as what you need for different speakers you can run them just with the stock wiring and no amp. But.. They would sound better with an amp especially if they are componets. What price range are you in as far as a set of speakers goes?

Agreed!!

I have installed Infinity reference series in 2 blazers, about that age with no mods.

Alpine CDA-9847 HU

F Highs 2x Infinity Kappa 60.9CS Powered by Eclipse EA4200 Glass door panels

R Highs Infinity Ref. 9622i powered by HU

3x RF Punch HX2 RFD2210 Powered by MTX Thunder 81000D

Box Vol. 3.259 before displacement, Tuned 36.6, Port area 54"

Archived