Sonic Electronix

my buddy has i believe to be a 1997 Nissan Maxima SE. He just seized his 12 L5, a little bit ago. hes been looking for a new woofer to replace it, after hearing my car he is interested in getting a 15". he went down to the local shop. and was talking to the guy there. he decided on a 9500 mtx, but the 15" wouldn't fit. according to the guy there, he said to build a box big enough for that woofer, it would be to big for his truck, (would have to make the box 2-3" of mdf thick and to the volume to match the sub.

my question is if someone has the car or knows about the size of the truck if one would fit. if he is wrong, if someone could design a box that would fit and house that woofer without blowing out of the box.

unfortunately i don't have a clue about dimensions of the truck at this time, ill get back with a pick and dimensions later. any help you guys could give would be awesome. thx.

2009 Hyundai Accent GL

Alpine CDA 9884

Rockford Fosgate Wire

Rockford Fosgate 501bd

Soundstream 12 Reference

Hifonics Zeus ZXI 6410

Rockford Fosgate T1652

Rockford Fosgate T152

XBL: NW Livin Loud

i have an 97 maxima SE and so do afew other ppl on hear..

a single 15 WILL fit in his trunk with ease..make sure the box is 3/4 thick MDF and the baffle 1.5" i do believe he can fit about 5.5 cubes in the trunk with out any modding(torison bars) so a single will be easy..i have only had experince with the 12" MTX 9500s and it seems they like boxes on the bigger size..i guessing for the 15 4-4.5 cubes after port, bracing, and port...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3042878

TEAM DEADLY HERTZ

"GET LOUD OR DIE TRYIN"only the loudest will survive.

thnx for the info. i did plan on having 2 layers of 3/4 mdf with glassing the inside. so any more info anyone has/ suggestions.... im open for more.

another thing he is running Hifonix amps 2600 mono 600 4 channel. is it safe to use 4awg for the power running to the distribution box and mono amp.

2009 Hyundai Accent GL

Alpine CDA 9884

Rockford Fosgate Wire

Rockford Fosgate 501bd

Soundstream 12 Reference

Hifonics Zeus ZXI 6410

Rockford Fosgate T1652

Rockford Fosgate T152

UMMMMMM I know someone with 4.5 cubes in a 1998 maxima, and those gens are the exact same size, so i dont see why u cant fit a 15 in there,.....i think the guy u talked to needs to look again

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
1st Setup: 145.8 DB Outlaw @37 HZ On Music Out Of Trunk
2nd Setup: 147.8 DB @42 HZ On Music Out The Trunk
Current Trunk Build:
153.8 DB Outlaw @ 49 HZ Out the trunk (150.8 DB Sealed)
Team gg.

i am sorry to say but that guy is misinformed by tellin you that u cant fit that 15 in there i had an Mtx 9500 15 in my 96 accord it has a smaller trunk than the maxima plus i know several people who have 2 15's in trunk cars so its possible to get that in the trunk.

I would advise looking into different companies though because for the price u can get better subs for cheaper that are louder than the 9500. I say this from personal experience.

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

i am sorry to say but that guy is misinformed by tellin you that u cant fit that 15 in there i had an Mtx 9500 15 in my 96 accord it has a smaller trunk than the maxima plus i know several people who have 2 15's in trunk cars so its possible to get that in the trunk.

I would advise looking into different companies though because for the price u can get better subs for cheaper that are louder than the 9500. I say this from personal experience.

How many cubes was your box?

I didnt talk to him personally, a friend of mine did. i have 2 15's in the back of my Hyndai accent. [Hatchback- with fully fuctional backseats.]

He was looking for something he could buy locally.

Looked at Power Accustic Mofo, but they wont be shipping the new model till the end of this month, and he doesnt want to wait any longer.

so this is what was at the next shop he went to. and was impressed with the 12" they had there. he is looking for something that will tide him over till the AA SMD. is finally released. and he can get it online for 506.00 + s&h witch he doesnt think is to high in price. but is about the top that he wants to spend.

How many cubes was your box?

2009 Hyundai Accent GL

Alpine CDA 9884

Rockford Fosgate Wire

Rockford Fosgate 501bd

Soundstream 12 Reference

Hifonics Zeus ZXI 6410

Rockford Fosgate T1652

Rockford Fosgate T152

Archived