National SMD Meet & greet Event

yea .... seeing as how most people live on the coasts ... The only part that would stop most people is the driving... and with crazy setups like multiple 0 18s and whatnot ... all that weight is gonna be murder on the gas mileage. i think its a great idea but a little impractical as far as traveling. i COULD see regional meets? like i know you guys in cali always have shows and meets .... but maybe each coast/region have their own meet .... thats the best i could think of

For example if you wanted it to be really centralized ... i picked Kansas ... and for me to drive from philly to Kansas =

Total Travel Estimates: 21 hours 42 minutes / 1344.50 miles rayj.gif

Edited by Rainman215

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

Driven cross country a few times........kinda fun

IMO I say lets go with Pheonix. Sac is within 12 hrs drive (more like 8 I think) DC Audio and possibly Fi could come down from Vegas, we have Second Skin, MTX, and Rockford Fosgate all based in Pheonix as well, so for vendors its a win/win.

I REALLY like the idea..........we just need to up and do it.

J

SMDMafiaGodsmack2.jpg

"No poor dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard for his country."

George Patton

WOW.....thats one hell of an idea. Steve really would have to sign off on it to make it official. Its an event like this that would need months of planning out. However, I have a suggestion:

Sacramento hosts AUTORAMA every Febuary, now Steve has come out on occassion there to demo but, if someone was to do the leg work to attach this event to this already four day event in progress it would be hard for Steve to say NO. There are plenty of hotels within the area if SMD is part of the show whatever members can get there cars to Sacramento for the show case can have there cars in the exhibition halls during the duration of the show. The facitiliy is huge and vendors normally set up booths there already. Not to mention there is normally a competition attached to this event already. just my .02

Edited by Team Bassick - Kimo

IF it is held and IF it is in the sac, it'll be a 1 1/2 day drive but if i can get three friends that are down for a road trip(already know of three) i will definitely go. shit its a chance to see many parts of the nation i have never seen AND get to meet with other forum members to discuss a hobby/addiction we all have.. how can someone not go?! lol

current set-up:

headunit: kenwood excelon kdc-x891

mids: front: mb quart reference 6.5s rear: pioneer TSA941 6x9

mid and high amp: performance technique ICBM-773

sub amp: kicker 08zx2500.1

subs: (2) 08s15l7d2

4.25 cubic foot sealed box

big 3 all in hooker 1/0 wiring

Sacrifice your car to the Audio Gods and DBs will come.

Yeah everyone just come to SBN cause my ass will be there fa sho! An event like this seems very hard to do considering we all have jobs and school and driving across country would not appeal to many. So Since spring break nationals is predetermined we can all meet there? :)

Id go,wherever it is.I think it would be cool to have it at a huge carshow the first couple of years so if the SMD part is kinda a flop everybody could always fall back on the awesome carshow.Such as SHOWFEST here in greenville,ms,was voted the best/biggest car show for a couple of years till they quit having it.people drove from cali,new york florida..you name it people were here,it was friggin awesome.Rumor has it,it will be back in may of 2010.and im GUARANTEED to be here lol but lung sounds like an awesome idea..

Yeah everyone just come to SBN cause my ass will be there fa sho! An event like this seems very hard to do considering we all have jobs and school and driving across country would not appeal to many. So Since spring break nationals is predetermined we can all meet there? :)

AUTORAMA IS PRE-DETERMINED TOO!!!!

I mean Florida is definately got some pull for Steve since he's got family out there. However, I know Steve I'm pretty sure would drive across country for SBN hell we can't even get him to come out to a local show half of the time.

It is funny how, this is suppose to be about SMD and although the site name has changed the man behind it has not. I'm sure SBN has enough hype without attaching an SMD event too it. Autorama not only is convenient for Steve but, could use a twist on the show. Chip Foose has come out and a lot of vendors bring out there show cars such as Crossfire, U.S. Amps, of course ARC Audio. There are always a ton of hot rods and s how cars there already. Again lets just see if anyone can step up to handle the details.