look this guy is at it again?this is what he posted.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted on 04-15-2007 by fordfreak

Maybe in a Yugo.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your statement is not entirely accurate. I split my windshield down the middle with 3000 watts running to 2 18's (before I added the other 2!) I believe, (but won't know for sure until he responds to my email) that Mr. Meade has a special type of glass in his vehicle. A lot of guys running that high of sound pressure use plexiglass or other stronger materials. Normal glass would shatter from the vibration alone produced by his system, no doubt. I've seen show vehicles pop or blow their windshields out using half the wattage that he is running in that truck. So that everyone knows, he is using 2 RE Audio 18's (in a gigantic enclosure no less) in that Civic, he also had a window down if you didn't notice (that helps the pressure to escape). You need to go take a look at his black SUV with 4 18's, he has one video where some lady's fake eye pops out of her head and into his ride... LOL! My windshield flexed about 2 - 3 linear inches with each bass hit, my speedo needle jumped to 60 as well, and my doors barely staid closed on their own. Glass can only flew so far before it shatters, but another thing that can cause a system to "shatter" a wind is if the glass already has an imperfection on it, ie; a chip, crack, or other damage. Just FYI. TranceD

smd2.gif

2002 nissan frontier crewcab

eclipse cd2000

mb quart prem's fr&rear

rf p4004

quote:

Originally posted on 04-15-2007 by fordfreak

Maybe in a Yugo.

Your statement is not entirely accurate. I split my windshield down the middle with 3000 watts running to 2 18's (before I added the other 2!) I believe, (but won't know for sure until he responds to my email) that Mr. Meade has a special type of glass in his vehicle. A lot of guys running that high of sound pressure use plexiglass or other stronger materials. Normal glass would shatter from the vibration alone produced by his system, no doubt. I've seen show vehicles pop or blow their windshields out using half the wattage that he is running in that truck. So that everyone knows, he is using 2 RE Audio 18's (in a gigantic enclosure no less) in that Civic, he also had a window down if you didn't notice (that helps the pressure to escape). You need to go take a look at his black SUV with 4 18's, he has one video where some lady's fake eye pops out of her head and into his ride... LOL! My windshield flexed about 2 - 3 linear inches with each bass hit, my speedo needle jumped to 60 as well, and my doors barely staid closed on their own. Glass can only flew so far before it shatters, but another thing that can cause a system to "shatter" a wind is if the glass already has an imperfection on it, ie; a chip, crack, or other damage. Just FYI. TranceD

I'm SURE he knows what he's talking about... :rolleyes:

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

A friend of Steve would know that the hoe isn't black.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

Archived