Assistance needed with electrical setup please...

displayed in the attached picture, is the way my current electrical system is setup in my tahoe. This served to be excellent for my 2000w setup, but is there a different way I should run or add more 0/1ga for my 6000 watt setup? I've been thinking about running 1 run of 0/1ga from the back of each alt, directly to the rear batts aswell, good idea? I know I need to add more batts, but right now, that is not in my budget (not even close) So these 2 Deka 9a31's AGM deep cycles are going to be it for now. The batt up front is the same batt but in a group78 DT version, so all batts are with in the same family. Talk to me guys, please respond only if your going to give knowledgable feedback. Please dont hate on my excellent MS PAint skills!!! If it matters, with the current setup, my voltage while HOT is 15.2-15.1, and startup is 15.5/15.6, while I had my 2k watt setup, voltage really never dropped below 14.7 full tilt.. I appreciate any feedback.

WIRE.jpg

Edited by newls1

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

someone?

That wiring will work fine. If you are using a chassis ground, make sure you go through the floor and go to the frame rail. Use the same side frame rail in the front as you use in the back.

That wiring will work fine. If you are using a chassis ground, make sure you go through the floor and go to the frame rail. Use the same side frame rail in the front as you use in the back.

Coming from the man himself! Thanks buddy.... I didnt know about the "use the same side framerail trick" I do now though! Thanks

Edited by newls1

I would do 2 runs of 1/0 to the back batteries. That should be good for your setup. Also, I'd keep the ground points nearly identical to eliminate the possibility of a ground loop.

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti Scion 600.4

4 - Lanzar Optidrive 1232D's

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6C midbass

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

When you say two runs, do you mean one pos and one neg, or do you mean two 1/0 for pos and two 1/0 for negative?

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti Scion 600.4

4 - Lanzar Optidrive 1232D's

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6C midbass

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

When you say two runs, do you mean one pos and one neg, or do you mean two 1/0 for pos and two 1/0 for negative?

I have the wiring exactly as the picture shows. 2 runs of positive from front batt (Which is where my alts plug into) ran to my 2 rear batts. Grounds are to the chassis for the rear. For the third time me saying this, my question is: Would it be benificial for me to ALSO run a 0/1 pos from each alt to the rear buss bars?