Sonic Electronix

• 3 months later...
Talk to me about the equipment you plan on using first please.

iv been looking and i found a 5500 watt amp that im prolly ganna use and im looking at 1 18" fi btl mayb but im not sure yet was planning on running 2 alts the stock one for everything else and one for bass mids and highs, looking at a 250amp alt but idk if that will b big enough ganna run 2 addition batts in the back for subs mids and highs but mids and highs will be going in later right now im looking at subs box electrical. for batts i was looking at the d3100 from dc i believe they were, would that b good with like 2 runs of 0 guage runing to them or what do i need

Edited by teddy9090

iv been looking and i found a 5500 watt amp that im prolly ganna use and im looking at 1 18" fi btl mayb but im not sure yet was planning on running 2 alts the stock one for everything else and one for bass mids and highs, looking at a 250amp alt but idk if that will b big enough ganna run 2 addition batts in the back for subs mids and highs but mids and highs will be going in later right now im looking at subs box electrical. for batts i was looking at the d3100 from dc i believe they were, would that b good with like 2 runs of 0 guage runing to them or what do i need

5500w amp automatically tells me that its power akoustik. that amp will output like 1800 on a good day. if your upgrading your electrical that much then i would suggest upgrading the amp to a wayy better brand. sundown/audioque/diablo audio technologies. 2 d3100's and a high output alt, plus the big 3 will be fine for that amp though if you dont want a bigger one.

OP: If you have to ask these questions. I suggest you're not even ready for a true 5500 watt system.

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Dakota

Headunit: Alpine IVA-D310

Sub: 2005 RE Audio XXX 15"

Sub Amp: Orion 2500D

Frontstage: Diamond Audio Hex's

Frontstage Amp: Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D

Wiring: Kicker Hyperflex 1/0

Alternator: Mechman 250 Amp

Battery: Powermaster D2700

Deadener: 100 Square Feet Raamat BXT II

Lol, it's already 6600w.

Snow, i have to not agree with you, somebody needs to start somewhere.

How could you build it if you wouldnt know what electrical upgrades you need.

To Teddy9090

Probably 2 270amp alternators or more and a few big batteries.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Lol, it's already 6600w.

Snow, i have to not agree with you, somebody needs to start somewhere.

How could you build it if you wouldnt know what electrical upgrades you need.

To Teddy9090

Probably 2 270amp alternators or more and a few big batteries.

ok so if the power acoustik amp isnt good then how about the crunch GPV3000.1D-PRO would that be a good amp to run??

and im ganna need to run 2 270 amp alts or 1 270 for audio and my stock for stock stuff??