Second Skin Audio

EXO Needs YOU! 18" Subwoofer Enclosure Design - Ascendant Audio Mayhem

EXOcontralto

Hey bro - howcome whenever I put a embed code (like a vid or pic) it only shows up as gibberish?

If click on addreply you'll see 3 boxes at the top, click on the on that says:"insert special item", then choose "insert youtube".

You will see a box at the left where you can copy the embed code then click ok, and it will get embedded.(took a long time for me to figure it out.)

EDIT: here are his dimensions.

28.5 inches deep, around 58 inches wide, probably more then 30 inches high, so more then enough room for the 18 inch sub which will only need about 7cu ft with port and driver displacement

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

joo need 5 mo 8s exo :D

damn thats alota room!

Your question about doing single enclosures for each sub is a good one. The answer is that a single chamber box is much better for spl that a dual chambered box. They are just louder and have to do with the subs sharing airspace and keeping one another in phase.

I'd love to help you out with a box if you want. I can bet that with the power that you are going to run and even a single 18 I could design you a box that will do over a 150. Now add in two 18's and it's over.

One important question that you haven't aswered yet is what tuning are you looking for with the enclosure? That will make all the difference in the world how it sounds and how loud it is. Like I said I could give you a design that will do 150's but it most likely won't sound good. What is your particular goal here? I'm guessing that you want to play music loud and I could still help you out with a box that will do high 140's on music with the equiptment you listed. If you wanted a 2 18 box I could easily guarantee 150's on music all day long.

I've done several designs for people here on the forum so if you want one just pm me and I'll get to work on it. I'd love to help out the great Exocontralto!!!

I really would like somthing tuned really low - low to mid 30's - I liked my old 32hz port tune :D -

Do you think it will be easy to upgrade to 2 18's with 2 boxes with a wall? could I fiberglass over the space between to make it flush??

From your comment, I am going to have each sub (when that day comes) in it's own cabinet behind what would appear to look like "one box"

you feel me? - Could this be aweosme?

The REAL YouTube Page

●▬▬▬▬★▬▬^๑۩۩๑^▬▬★▬▬▬▬●

Head Unit - Pioneer DEH-p6000ub

Equalizer - Soon To Come

Amplifiers - (4) Soundstream TX1.2600d's

Subwoofers - (2) Soundstream XXX 18's

Enclosure - 16 Cubic Foot Wall Tuned to 38hz

Power Wire - (200ft) Tsunami 0 Gauge PRO

BIG 3 w/ 8 C&D Batteries

techforce_teamdbs.gif

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

they dont need a video of how much room you have, they need you to take a tape measure out and measure the dimensions, height width and length of how much room you have...

and you have to take into consideration of the tire area.. since thats another like 8" or so

Wait, so I need to measure the ENTIRE van? From front kick panel to rear tail gate?

The REAL YouTube Page

●▬▬▬▬★▬▬^๑۩۩๑^▬▬★▬▬▬▬●

Equalizer - Soon To Come

BIG 3 w/ 8 C&D Batteries

techforce_teamdbs.gif

I believe he said a wall.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

when you put the code u have to puit [you tube ] on the front and [/ you tube] on the back of it :) with out the spaces lol

Thanks for the help man - damn computers lol

The REAL YouTube Page

●▬▬▬▬★▬▬^๑۩۩๑^▬▬★▬▬▬▬●

Equalizer - Soon To Come

BIG 3 w/ 8 C&D Batteries

techforce_teamdbs.gif

i just need to know how tall its gunna be from the roof to the floor thats all im missing

measurements are - 57.5in width / 28.5in length / 47.5in height

Why do you need height>? Is the box going to be that tall to go to the ceiling?

The REAL YouTube Page

●▬▬▬▬★▬▬^๑۩۩๑^▬▬★▬▬▬▬●

Equalizer - Soon To Come

BIG 3 w/ 8 C&D Batteries

techforce_teamdbs.gif

Archived