my t15004 all of a sudden started cutting out, i've ALWAYS been able to turn it really loud, my gains are set very low. all of a sudden last night, i cant turn it up more than maybe halfway the music cuts out, the sub amps stay on though. I have a 300 amp alternator from EA. my ford factory starter battery up front(kinetik 2000in the mail) and 3 kinetik 2400's in the back. I decided to just check the voltages because what the hell I never have, so as i was testing i realized. With engine RUNNING, every battery is only at 12.6?!?! with engine off, the starter battery is at 12.6 and the 3 kinetiks are at 12.8. also, i put the multimeter on the amp terminals and turned it up, the voltage only dropped to 12.4 and the amp shut off. what the hells going on. someone please help?!

SMDsigbannr4.jpg

play Moola.com its actually fun and free...

click here to join Money games!

its just games with free money!

Once on a T20001bd pieces of wire fell into it. (On the board, inside the amp) Started to cut out after a volume. So we opened it up and cleaned it. Only took 10-15 min. Problem solved. But it doesn't sound like thats the problem.. Your idle with car on should be more than 12.6.

If you have a multimeter I'd check your output voltage from your alt. It sounds like it may be taking a dump on you in a slow manner.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

I had a similar problem with someone else's system. They had a Kinetic Battery up front and one in the back. I tested the voltage from the alt. and it was fine with the engine on, but when I tested the battery in the back it was around 12.4. The amp would shut off once I raised the volume to a certain level. I checked everything over and over again and still couldn't find anything wrong. So I decided to change the anl fuse up front and fortunately it solved the problem. The fuse looked like it was in perfect condition, but looks can be deceiving. Try this out. I hope it solves the problem.

BlockShaker's Competition Page and Build-Up Pics

MY SET UP:

Eclipse CD5435 CD/MP3 Player

Alpine DVE-5207 DVD Player

Alpine PKG-1000 10.2" Monitor

Alpine TUE-T151 TV Tuner

Boyo Back Up Camera

Alpine ERA-G320 EQ

Apple Mini Ipod

Scosche RF Wireless Remote for Ipod

Stinger Volt Meter

Audiocontrol MVC