Second Skin Audio

How much louder is a wall

Let's say I have one BTL 18 in a box and another in a wall. Same car (toyota celica t23 or t20) same power. I know it depends on many things but what will be the difference on the meter between the well build box and the well build wall. Does anyone have been on this road before from box to wall?

It will my daily drive and I am going to listen to music all day long. I am willing to sacrifice my back seats for more dB's but I really wanna know does it worth it. Maybe 5 dB's ( I've done my research and was a comment by HHH Ed "five or more dB's " ) ?

Its my car I won't be riding in the back seat... :/ . And I love music more than everything.... lows ftw :give_rose:

I am aiming in the 147-150 range.

So what yo think ? I want to build it as loud as possible, does it worth removing the back seats for more dB's. Plus...a wall looks back ass!!!

The car i am thinking about walling... or maybe a T20

http://testdrive.bg/media/galleries/manufa...71316dcfcf0.jpg

http://static.pagenstecher.de/uploads/0/08.../Foto-00162.jpg

bg_flag.gif

Depends on alot of things, but I would think a wall might be a little louder as you are greatly decreasing the cabin space, so big sub in a smaller area vs. big sub in larger area.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

well i had 3 15" L7's set up in the trunk and it was loud but mostly brutal everything was shaking. then i got that same box and i turned it around right behind my head and not only did it get louder it got LOWER in frequency somehow...the i paneled all around the box so it was a wall and bro...idk how much db but holy shit it got i wanna say 5 times louder maybe more it was really a huge diff...i say wall that bish bro its worth it especially in a small car like that

try it yourself and let us know? Im going to guess wall, but thats just my guess. Ive seen some vids of an eclipse with 2 TC sounds 18s (not in a wall) that looked like it should be loud. Busted his windshield, lots of windshield flex, lots of eveything flex from what i saw.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.