Second Skin Audio

How much louder is a wall

Well, I had 4 15s non walled in my SUV hitting 150 on the termlab. I now have 2 18s doing 153 walled on termlab. I would think you would get around 3db+ with a wall depending on how high you were already hitting.

Hummer H2

(8) Crossfire XS V2 15's

(4) Crescendo Audio BC 5500s

(16) Crescendo 6.5's, (16) Crescendo Tweeters, (4) Beyma 8" Midrange

http://www.youtube.com/Owners1

well in my opinion a wall would be louder, but thats only from the ones that i have heard. every car is different so there is no way to tell but i say wall it. i love the one in my cadillac and it looks awesome, there are a few good ones around my area and they are all considered the loudest in town.

currently just running a JL 12W7 and RF BD 1001

soon to come

soundstream XXX 18

Memphis mojo MCD4KW

Big azz box in tha backseat

working out other details

soundstream.jpg

logo_mca.gif

Yea theres no way anyone could say how many deebeez louder it will be, but if your going from the trunk to the cabin, it will be a big dif. I had my 12's in the trunk and it was pretty nasty.. i put one sealed 12 in my back seat and i can already tell its going to be such a huge dif when i finish the rebuild in the back seat..

I cant wait.

to the OP, if your going from the trunk to the cabin it will be big, but just a box to a wall, it depends.. like someone else said, the closer/smaller the cabin you have to louder it should be

in a celica, going from subs in the back seat to a wall just behind the front seats... i dont think the gain would be that significant

i think the difference in build quality between the wall and reg box would be the more of a factor, i dont see 6 db's coming from such a simple change from back seat to wall, but who knows

do it, test it, let us know :P

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s