pinoeer avh 4900dvd

pioneer xm box

blue gauges

custom dave the box guys box

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

new stuff on the way

Team

Soundstream

i have a program called your uninstaller. it uninstalls programs, and deletes all files related to that program that are deep within registry files and other folders in the PC. has a one click cleanup button too where it'll just delete all kinds of unused files. i've had it a while and i like it so far

I would suggest gutting it and throwing some new stuff in it period. If you are buying new ram, considering a new cpu, why not just get a new mobo as well? (if you did that id suggest getting a video card as well) anyways, a case won't help speed any, so idk how far you would want to go with that.
I was having the same questions and ended up with a new hardware step by step. First I sold my mobo and CPU and bought core2duo with a gigabyte mobo(it wasn't cheap :D )... after some weeks I changed the RAM from 512 to 2024 (2GB)... Then I changed my PSU to power my PC reliable and now worrying if there is a power surge half my computer would be gone with some crappy PSU. Some ppl forget about the HDD... you maybe have seen a big slowing when you are dl-ing something @ max speed and/or searching for some files on your PC... that you HDD.

So i changed my mobo, CPU, PSU and RAM... still with the old GPU(moneyz are going for music ... i don't play too many games), HDD and dvd burner. ;)

Just upgrade a lil by lil... start with the mobo, processor and ram, and of course PSU

What is the process of changing the motherboard( Do I still keep the operating system? Files? Etc.?)

A what is the price range on a decent one which I will notice better speed (In your opinion, thoughts, or experiences).

BTW, my computer takes about 10 min to fully boot and sometimes it doesn't come through.

tech2332.png

My Official Feedback Thread

PSN - tech2332

Games for PS3: Killzone 2, BattleField: Bad Company 2! Add me to play either!

I would start with just ram, as much as your computer will take, the crucial site is good because it tell you what kind of memory you need, and then you can buy it on ebay, newegg also has a memory selector for computers as well, I dont really know much the PSUs, but I would the higher the GHZ, the better, if it is compatible with your comp, I would get the 3.06 with 533, and get a fan for it, adding fans will help your computer stay cooler and run better, also it would proly help to upgrade your HDD, bigger and faster is good there, look for 7200 rpm or higher, 250 gig to 500 gig will work well. Those things will help speed it up mechanically.

I like to run CCCleaner as well, but be careful with it cause you can delete important files with it and fwonk your computer up.

These are the upgrade I wanted to make to my desktop, but I bought a laptop instead and dont use the desk top hardly ever...

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

I would start with just ram, as much as your computer will take, the crucial site is good because it tell you what kind of memory you need, and then you can buy it on ebay, newegg also has a memory selector for computers as well, I dont really know much the PSUs, but I would the higher the GHZ, the better, if it is compatible with your comp, I would get the 3.06 with 533, and get a fan for it, adding fans will help your computer stay cooler and run better, also it would proly help to upgrade your HDD, bigger and faster is good there, look for 7200 rpm or higher, 250 gig to 500 gig will work well. Those things will help speed it up mechanically.

I like to run CCCleaner as well, but be careful with it cause you can delete important files with it and fwonk your computer up.

These are the upgrade I wanted to make to my desktop, but I bought a laptop instead and dont use the desk top hardly ever...

Yea i can get that processor cheap and it's compatible with the computer. I'll probably get 1 GB of memory because there's a point where it really doesn't help or hurt it. Any yea I've been hearing things about CCleaner and it deleting important files. That's one of many reasons I'm restoring my computer to normal health because I've done soo much crap to it and it surprisingly lives.

What I really want to do is get a Mac. I've always been with Windows because it's cheaper but very soon I would like to get a Mac.

Thanks everybody for your responses! :good:

tech2332.png

PSN - tech2332

well just remember if you upgrade an old computer, you are doing just that. why buy something for a computer that is soon going to be outdated anyways? as far as upgrading the entire thing, sometimes you can get by without redoing the os sometimes you can't. usually not though...

well just remember if you upgrade an old computer, you are doing just that. why buy something for a computer that is soon going to be outdated anyways? as far as upgrading the entire thing, sometimes you can get by without redoing the os sometimes you can't. usually not though...

I already bought some ram, and that's all I'm doing (And of course restoring it to normal after all the crap and setting I've messed with)

Next year I'm going to college, so I'll probably save up and use some graduation money to buy a Mac or a Badass PC.

tech2332.png

PSN - tech2332