Sonic Electronix

Setting the gain using a Bass knob

I would really appreciate some help from people that use bass knobs **cough cough** [glow=red,2,300]STEVE[/glow] :D

But yeah my friend's pa a2400db came with a bass knob. He thinks it's cool how it works/looks and wants me to install it for him. The last and only time I used a bass knob was with the one that came with my HCCA D5000. The amp didn't even last me 30 minutes :'(

So yeah I just want you guys to make sure that what im doing is correct.

In order to set the gain on the amp using the bass knob I must do the following:

1. With the system off, turn the knob on the bass knob to max.

2. Turn the car on and play a test tone (50hz) @ 3/4 volume with the subwoofer level on the HU on 12/12 (max sub level).

3. Play with the gain until I can get it at about 37.8 on the DMM (@ 1ohm= 1500rms)

4. When the gain has been set correctly with the bass knob on max, im done.?.?.?...?

5. Now I can play with the knob whenever I want as long as I have my system on, correct?

not really. i got the a3000b. the bass knob has nothing to do with the gain and everything to do with the bass boost. whatever u set the bass boost on the amp to, thats the maximum the knob can get to. if u set the bb on the amp all the way up, u have that option on the knob too. some knobs r used for gain, some for bass boost, and on the rf power series, both. i have a problem with the wire on the back of my knob though so watch out, it likes to work its way free and pop the subs with a boost of bass ;D

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

I have done that in the past. I use 60 hz to set or gain match my amps. I do like to keep from giving my customers full tilt on there stuff. That way it will last longer. Some people do not have self control so I use good judgement for them.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

like i was sayin though. if the knob is on max but the bass boost on the amp is turned all the way down, the knob does nothing.

There's a difference between a bass booster and bass knob...

Bass knobs which is what came with my friend's amp and what Meade has doesn't work with bass boost (as far as I know).

I've only used a bass booster when I first got into car audio and had an audiobahn a1300hct that brought a Bass booster.

Never again have I used it and never will.

My D5000 had the bass boost turned all the way down and the bass knob worked fine.

as far as i know, the knob only works on mine is the bass boost on the amp is turned up. i have the same amp, just one with a lil more power... :D

Did you try setting your gain with the bass knob?

When I had my a1300hct the only time the bass boost would make a big difference was on lower volume levels. When I had it maxing and turned up the bass knob I wouldn't really hear a big difference same way if I turned it down.

I use an external bass knob on mine not those cheapo' that come with some amps. Those seem to just work on the bass boost on the amp but don't really have any control. i've also noticed that it will boost the noise with the bass. What I have will take the amp signal from 0 to 100%

http://www.autosound2000.com/linedrivers.htm  N-22

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)