all it is going to do is increase the velocity of the air going into the engine which helps to atomize the fuel for a more complete burn.

does it work??? who knows but i can tell you that if you have a clutch fan and switch out to electric fans you will see a big difference in how fast you engine rpm rises and you will see a gain in useable HP.

the TBI spacers are not worth the money or effort to install them in my opinion.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

usless..only work on carbed engines

and even that's debateable. If you want to loose low end and raise upper RPM range, they help. The higher (thicker) your plate, the more you loose/gain. I wouldn't ever use a TB spacer.

Behind every great man....is an underwear tag!

I put an Air Raid on my 04 Tahoe and it didn't make any difference at all. Get a new intake system though. My AirRaid made a real good difference in acceleration, I have been happy with that upgrade.Here is the explaination thehoe92 hooked me up with when I asked the same question.

QUOTE Throttle body spacers (TBS) came about back in the time when TBI engines were the craze. The TBS did indeed help the TBIs as they helped to improve atomization of the fuel by changing the flow of air as the fuel was sprayed before the throttle body. The gains are minimal but are still there.

The TBS are a waste on the newer engines as the fuel is sprayed after the throttle body. The air is already "spun up" as it goes through the throttle body, so the TBS basically duplicates the effort. The TBS won't hurt your engine however, that being said, some folks wind up having problems with the spacer as it is one more thing to wiggle lose and cause leaks.

that is from the tahoeyukonforum

Live the dream baby...You will be shitting your pants again before you know it.

Worked on my truck.. i got 3 mpg's better

2000 GMC sierra 1500 ext cab

KMC XD Spy series rims

Front doors Fosgate punch 6 1/2's stock tweets

Rear doors Fosgate power 4x6's

Probox 10 and box under rear seat

Rockford fosgate R-500 Prime series amp (537 rms)

4 gauge wiring

dont bother unless you plan to upgrade the intake manifold they are suposed to add more volume to the intake but the stocker does fine as is I'd suggest headers and new exhaust system and upgrading to an air raid filter or a k&n maybe a computer chip to take advantage of any upgrades you do

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

I have the tbi and a cold air intake and i get around 4-4 1/2 mpgs more

2000 GMC sierra 1500 ext cab

KMC XD Spy series rims

Front doors Fosgate punch 6 1/2's stock tweets

Rear doors Fosgate power 4x6's

Probox 10 and box under rear seat

Rockford fosgate R-500 Prime series amp (537 rms)

4 gauge wiring