Sonic Electronix

SYSTEM HELP!!! 2002 Mercury Cougar....Mustang Mach 1000 Subs

Guest 02cougarc2

This is technically my second car but I consider it my first because the other(1990 geo storm) i sold pretty quick. I have a 2002 mercury cougar v6 with 4 4x6's and a 6 disc changer(stock)....I have a 2006ish pioneer premier headunit that i plan on installing. My neighbor had an 02 mustang and gave me the Mach 1000 10's inch subs(2) but I dont know if theyre any good. Im not sure whether I should get a ported box and I'm definantly confused when it comes to what type and size amp I need. I havent been able to find specs on the subs alone yet but they atleast look they theyll hit. I know my question(s) may sound amature but your time and advice is greatly appriciated.

Guest 02cougarc2

Don't buy pre built enclosures. Build you own. 10x better

1995 Ford Mustang 3.8l V6 5 Speed

Plans:

• 2 12 inch dc Level 4s
  • DC 2.0k Amp
  • KCA 1/0 Power Amplifier Installation Kit
  • 220 Amp Alt
  • XS Power 12V D925 AGM Battery
  • Stinger Volt Gauge
  • Rockford Fosgate RCAs
  • Box built from birch. Probably tuned to 32 Hz
  • 0 gauge wiring for extra battery
  • Dynamat

Untitled-1-5.jpg

“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

Al McGuire

“The only mystery in life is why the kamikaze pilots wore helmets”

Al McGuire

remember this always

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades

oohhh. my sister had one of those. i almost bought it off her a few months ago. that back seat/trunk just screams "2x 18"s in a wall"

without info on the subs/what you want out of a system, we cant really help you. we just need more info.

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.