Sonic Electronix

I have 2 Memphis PR15s in a slot ported box with a 500watt Memphis 500.1 PR amp. (Complete setup in sig)

How could I find out what Hz the box is ported too? (I don't even know if I worded that correctly)

And about how many dbs would you guess I am making?

I know it wont be anything good, just wanted to know an estimated number.

I would just go somewhere to get it metered, but I live in Columbus, Ohio and there is really nowhere to go.

Thanks for the help guys.

Edit: Also, should I just sell my Memphis shit and start over? I want something that is actually loud.

-98' Ford Expedition (Rest in Peace)

-AVH-P3300BT

-Crescendo BC5500

-4 18" DC m2 Level 3.

I have 2 Memphis PR15s in a slot ported box with a 500watt Memphis 500.1 PR amp.

How could I find out what Hz the box is ported too? (I don't even know if I worded that correctly)

I could probably get pretty close is you where to take the outside measurements of the box, tell me the width and height of the port, and take a string route it through the port and tell me the length, then I would be able to tell you within a few Hz what your box is tuned to. From my exp. most prefab ported boxes are tuned in the 40-50Hz range.

And about how many dbs would you guess I am making?

For this you have to get it metered no other way to tell accuratly

I know it wont be anything good, just wanted to know an estimated number.

I would just go somewhere to get it metered, but I live in Columbus, Ohio and there is really nowhere to go.

Thanks for the help guys.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Thanks man. I will measure tomorrow. All I know is that the box is 38in wide..exactly the width of my wheel wells.

Also, the box wasn't made by Memphis..it was made by one of boys at the shop. Don't know if that might mean something idk.

How many watts is each speaker getting if they are 250RMS with a 500 watt amp? I would think each is getting 250, right?

And the guy who adjusted the amp said that it can't be used to full potential because my HU didn't output enough for the amp(or something like that)...it's always something.

I keep reading all these threads with people making insane dbs.

I'm on the edge of selling my shit and doing things right.

-AVH-P3300BT

-Crescendo BC5500

-4 18" DC m2 Level 3.

get a bunch of sine waves and play each hz seperately. your woofers will move the least closest to tuning.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Well it looks like your box is about 6.6 cubes before port displacement. Did you get the width and height of the port, and this part is a bitch but also the length of the port determines your tuning frequency.

Also you could get a within about 3-4 hz by Downloading some tones from say 30Hz to about 50Hz and what ever Hz the note is loudest at subtract about 6hz or so and that should be your boxes tuning as Ported boxes tend to peak about 5-7 hz or so above there tuning.

Also does your box have seperate chambers, and serperate ports or a shared chamber and port.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Thanks for your help dude. I know what I'm gonna do now.

I'm gonna make a wall for these 2 15's. And I'm gonna leave room for 2 more. When I get some money I'm gonna get a battery, 2 more PR 15, another 500.1 amp. Should be a little louder then.

i'm just gonna download some tones. It is a bitch to measure that port. Cramped as fuck in the back of truck.

I am gonna be starting on my wall build this thursday. Gonna be my first build, but I figure fuck it, i gotta learn sometimes.

-AVH-P3300BT

-Crescendo BC5500

-4 18" DC m2 Level 3.

Archived