since im still bored and i know how much you guys love pics heres a couple of my first attempt at doors...

heres the stock setup:

Posted Image

and the plastic 6" spacers:

Posted Image

i had to cut the middle out to fit my 6.5" jaycar mids:

Posted Image

Posted Image

one set wasnt loud enough so i made up some mdf baffles for another set:

Posted Image

and cut the door trim to fit over them:

Posted Image

i was then going to fiberglass the stock door trims to fit around the 2 sets of mids but i still wasnt really happy with the sound so a bit more browsing the forums later and i decided to do some fully fiberglassed ported door pods, a bit of measuring and i found out i had about 25 litres to work with, heres the layout i decided on:

Posted Image

then i cut the door trims:

Posted Image

and taped it up ready for glass:

Posted Image

its been like that for about a month now because the weathers been crappy so i havnt had a chance to start glassing and i havnt got access to a garage to put it in so it looks like il be waiting for some decent weather...

thanks for lookin, tell me if ya want more :P

vandersexx-1.jpgdeafaz-1.jpg

^^^ clicky pics for build logs ^^^

Australia-03-june.gif

Is it loud yet?

Put in work mang! :)

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

• 2 weeks later...

thanks guys...

my internet has been a bit screwy lately but heres another lil update, all of these pics are not in the order i did them coz most of it has been done randomly in the last few months but im tryin to keep it all in some kind of order... so here is the underbonnet wiring!

after a lot of lookin around i came across some welders flex for a good price coz it was the end of a roll and none of the usual industrial customers buy small quantities...

Posted Image

its 75mm^2 and supposedly rated at around 400a so it should be perfect for this lil system...

the next thing i did was start to plan out the fuse/cutoff switch setup (safety first kiddies!) theres a handy blank spot right next to the battery that will be perfect so thats where its gonna go:

Posted Image

then i made a cardboard template of the area and transfered it onto some 10mm mdf to hold the fuse and switch in position:

Posted Image

as im on a very tight budget most of the build is using small stuff that i have laying around instead of buying it from the shops so instead of using a crappy plastic fuse holder im makin my own, and instead of using double as many ring terminals and trying to crimp them onto tiny bits of cable i came up with the ingenious idea of using copper hot water pipe and the links between the switch and fuse...

i flattened it out with a vice and a big ass hammer and drilled a couple of holes in the right spots, then bolted it to the switch:

Posted Image

that was just a temporary one to get everything in the right spot, the final is neater and doesnt over hang on both ends...

then i used some solid brass bolts and nuts to hold the fuse in place and link it to the copper on one side and the ring terminal on the end of the power wire on the other side... heres the trial fit:

Posted Image

once i was happy with the fit of it all i pulled it back apart and recut and polished all the copper washers and links:

Posted Image

and painted the mdf to seal it from moisture:

Posted Image

then i cut down the brass bolts to the right height and put it all back together:

Posted Image

and here it is from the underside showing all the connections (the bolt on the left is where the power wire going to the back of the car goes):

Posted Image

i put some heatshrink over the copper link between the switch and the fuse to protect it but theres not really much chance of it touching any metal because its covered by mdf or plastic on all sides exept the bottom but it would have to be a pretty catastrophic crash to get the bottom to touch metal...

and here it is back in the car:

Posted Image

thanks for lookin guys, more soon if your lucky :P

vandersexx-1.jpgdeafaz-1.jpg

^^^ clicky pics for build logs ^^^

Australia-03-june.gif

Archived