Hey guys, im a regular viewer, however first time poster, of this forum and i must say am a huge fan of Steve's accomplishments. I guess i should also start of by saying that his civic build(before theft) was my inspiration for doing this build. As i am sure most a lot of you who regular ca.com as i do, that you have seen the planning stages of this box. it has gone through many different stages but fter many hours on rhino fiddling with measurements building mockups out of osb etc. i have settled on one i think will work well given my space limits. The final design i have come up with is 6.5(after port/driver disp.) tuned to 30-35hz and it will be firing forward. Reason is of course because my car loves port/sub forward. Here is the origional thread for those interested http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=218554 .

I talked to Scott at fi on monday and got the sub ordered. it is fully loaded of course. Heres the design i am settled on, for now atleast. i should also mention that the reason i am not just glassing my trunk is because i dont plan on having the car for much longer since i am going to post secondary in the fall. if it doesnt work as planned, a new approach will be taked. When sub arrives, a full work log will be added alogn with plenty of videos. anyhow enough talk for now, let me know what you guys think. i guess i should add that the car is a 95 grand prix se

Posted Image

I know it's been said on your other forum, but that cardboard sub is AWESOME! :lol:

Welcome to the SMD forum Mike! B)

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

thanks chev :) the build will be the first week of may around the time the sub should get here. i want to wait for the sub to arrive since the front panel needs to be cut in a certain way..and id rather not try to do it in the car lol. But i should be starting to cut all the wood a few days before.

• 3 weeks later...

Update: for those who dont frequent ca.com or ***.com...these will be new pics to you haha

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

well i have got all the wood cut other than the top and the inner port wall. other than that everything is going well. i am waiting for my 1" baffle for the sub to dry..then i can work on the mounting system for the sub(you'll see). here are some pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

me screwing sub to 1" baffle.

Posted Image

the perdy sub in the baffle. the gap was fixed btw

Posted Image

floor piece done. the toughest part as of yet

Posted Image

Posted Image

thanks david...and i must agree. they are fun haha. i havent even got the the best part yet! which is putting it all together.

any comments on my mounting system? i think the 4 1/2" bolts should do just fine...and i will be running weather stripping all around the baffle for a good seal

Other than the weather srtipping I dig it........I'd go with some sort of adheiseve instead........Not a huge fan of WS in car audio......

J

SMDMafiaGodsmack2.jpg

"No poor dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard for his country."

George Patton

Archived