So i met my girlfriend about 11 months ago & we dated for the last 9 months. Well about 2 weeks ago I started to notice some things changing & I thought I knew what was coming. I was just wasnt ready for it. She kinda told me it was over but she didnt really say it, so I was trying to figure out what was going on. Well last night she called me & was frustrated, she had been trying to not txt me or call me bc she was hoping it would help me understand. So anyway, we talked for about an hour & she did her absolute best to make it as easy on me as possible since she was the first girl I really dated. & I really respect her for being so easy on me & she said we could still talk from time to time & that we could be friends but I know as well as her that it would be difficult. Especially after what we had together & she knows I still love her with all my heart, & I know she stil loves me, there was just something about our relationship that wasnt balanced & we both knew it. last night was really hard & my mom tried to help me as best she could but still, I fell like there is this big empty spot in my life now & I want her back, & if we are meant to be together we will be, but until then I have to man up & move on, but sooooo many things remind me of her.

So what should I do? I need the dr. phil like advice from the guys & gals of SMD.

Thanks for taking the time to read my vent & leaving some words of wisdom. :cray:

Current System:

Pioneer 6900 HU

Front Stage: (for now)

Soundstream tarantula 5.25 in the doors

Soundstream tarantula 4x6 in the dash

Kenwood 400.4 for mids & highs

Bass:

4 Soundstream RW-12's

2 Power Acoustik Stax 4000/1D's

single chamber box, 2.65 cubes.

Currently under the knife being bagged

Rebuilding err'thang

man im sorry to hear that... im going through the EXACT same thing... it just wasnt right between us either... BUT mine was for 3 years. and i was getting ready to marry this girl. im sorry to say that time is the only thing your gonna need. dont jump into another relationship too fast because more likely than not it will fail because of the strong feelings you have for your ex yet. keep truckin. it gets better. hell im 6 months into it and i still think of heather on a daily basis. do like you said. man up, try and move on. talking to her will just keep fuel on the fire. trust me on that.

best of luck..

Dustin

hondasig.jpg

1992 Honda Accord LX

Head Unit: Alpine X-001

Mids/Highs Front: Rockford Fosgate P1652-S Components

Mids/Highs Rear: Rockford Fosgate P1653 3-Ways

Mids/Highs Amp: Hifonics Zxi6410

Sub: Fi 15" BTL With HiXmCoil Option

Sub Amp: Hifonics Bxi2008D

Enclosure: 5.2Cubes Gross Tuned at 31Hz

Wiring: One Run Of 0g

Alternator: Load Boss 170amp

man im sorry to hear that... im going through the EXACT same thing... it just wasnt right between us either... BUT mine was for 3 years. and i was getting ready to marry this girl. im sorry to say that time is the only thing your gonna need. dont jump into another relationship too fast because more likely than not it will fail because of the strong feelings you have for your ex yet. keep truckin. it gets better. hell im 6 months into it and i still think of heather on a daily basis. do like you said. man up, try and move on. talking to her will just keep fuel on the fire. trust me on that.

best of luck..

Dustin

Thanks man. Yeah my mom definately told me I wouldnt be able to talk to her at all if I wanted to move on anytime soon. Even though there was an inbalance somewhere we had so much fun together & we even talked about a future together. We thought it was meant to be but she didnt want me to settle on her without dating other people to see if she was what I really wanted. I mean, there is almost no better way she could have gone about it & I respect that. & I think it will be a while before I date or anything just because I need to focus on some other things like my college, and starting a business. I think I need to figure out my future before bringing someone else in with me.

Current System:

Pioneer 6900 HU

Bass:

4 Soundstream RW-12's

Rebuilding err'thang

Thanks man. Yeah my mom definately told me I wouldnt be able to talk to her at all if I wanted to move on anytime soon. Even though there was an inbalance somewhere we had so much fun together & we even talked about a future together. We thought it was meant to be but she didnt want me to settle on her without dating other people to see if she was what I really wanted. I mean, there is almost no better way she could have gone about it & I respect that. & I think it will be a while before I date or anything just because I need to focus on some other things like my college, and starting a business. I think I need to figure out my future before bringing someone else in with me.

stay busy, whether it's taking extra classes, finding another hobby, picking up extra shifts, or helping a buddy move, downtime is what really gets you after these kinds of things, stay busy and who knows, you might meet someone in your new classes or by working more, or whatever you decide to fill your time with

stay busy, whether it's taking extra classes, finding another hobby, picking up extra shifts, or helping a buddy move, downtime is what really gets you after these kinds of things, stay busy and who knows, you might meet someone in your new classes or by working more, or whatever you decide to fill your time with

ahmen to that my friend...

hondasig.jpg

1992 Honda Accord LX

Head Unit: Alpine X-001

Mids/Highs Front: Rockford Fosgate P1652-S Components

Mids/Highs Rear: Rockford Fosgate P1653 3-Ways

Mids/Highs Amp: Hifonics Zxi6410

Sub: Fi 15" BTL With HiXmCoil Option

Sub Amp: Hifonics Bxi2008D

Enclosure: 5.2Cubes Gross Tuned at 31Hz

Wiring: One Run Of 0g

Alternator: Load Boss 170amp

Yeah I had a buddy of mine tell me that too. I work construction so extra shifts arent possible but I could always get back into wrebching on my truck. Im trying to start my own audio & customs shop so that might keep me busy too. not to mention I have more projects going in my room than I can count as far as models, r/c cars, and some audio stuff im working on. Im really bummed out, but im trying to stay positive & realize she did it because she thought it was best for both of us, and she had never steered me wrong before :)

Current System:

Pioneer 6900 HU

Bass:

4 Soundstream RW-12's

Rebuilding err'thang

You're 19(according to your profile)... go out... party... forget about her... you're young. I broke up with my girlfriend of three years when I was 21... Moved in with three of my buddies and had the best two years of my life partying without a girl. Now I'm with my current girlfriend and just as happy :)

Edited by Shyne151

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Amen, I have been broke up with my last, and first GF for about a year now....There were lots of things that didn't work in the relationship but some things that did. I can't find anybody else that I mesh with really good. So when I have too much free time I find myself wondering if I made the right decision or not....then I just have to smack myself and remember all the bad things, then I don't feel so bad.

Start a new build....and hang in there man.

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

"You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.

Yea time is your friend no question.. I went through the same thing about a year ago now. and it was like torture but over time it got better. and i still think of my ex on a daily basis if not every other day because of things that remind me of her/us. Just keep busy like everyone else says and it'll slowly fade away.

2000 ford taurus SE 24v DOHC

Doors: MachAudio Stock System

Subwoofer: 18" WMD D2 4.8cft @ 35hz

Amp: Hifonics Bxi 1210D Amp

Wire:4/0 gauge power wire to amp

Alt: Stock Alt

been there done that bro... exept i turned to drugs and got hooked.... moved in with a buddy for a couple years and banged a different girl every weekend... then moved back home and stayed lonely for awhile... well after 5 years of partying... ive finally quit drugs and have a fiance that i couldnt get rid of if i wanted too....... it will all work out in the end....

my docotr phil advice to you would be to go find some hotties and have fun... 1 a day keeps the doctor away...lol...... im so terrible

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?