Second Skin Audio

Audioque/DC compared to what?

Dan208

I've been doing some looking around and Audioque and DC have me very interested (looking for a single 10"). I trust you all when reading about how good they are, but I like to hear things for myself too. Are there any "mainstream" subs out there that you all would compare these two companies to, just for the sake of getting an idea of how they sound? There's only about three shops close by and they pretty much just carry the "big boys" (Kicker, JL, MTX, etc). Thanks.

Dan

I have a single lvl 4 10 for sale, message me if your interested.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Lol if there was anything comparable we all would have gotten them already. Non mainstream and mainstream dont even compare.. in my opinion.

If I were to ever go back to mainstream though, I would get the kicker l7s.. they get pretty loud.

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

mtx 9500s are decent... kinda like dc lvl4 if i had to compare

kicker solox have potential but tend to not be as musical as most would like... likely a hdc 15 would be better than a 15 solox on the same power

w7s are nice, way too expensive... sounds similar to aa havoc if u had to choose

w6s are kinda like lvl3s and re ses in power and sound (rather have re or dc)

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Thanks for all the quick replies. I've pretty much stuck with mainstream in the past and kind of want to try something a little different. Been seeing a lot of good things about AQ and DC.

Drew-Very tempting, but I won't be ready to purchase until sometime after the first of the year.

Alot of mainstreams will only put out their rated RMS. DC and AQ for the most part can handle more than rated if setup is efficient. Just research alot before you buy.

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

Alot of mainstreams will only put out their rated RMS. DC and AQ for the most part can handle more than rated if setup is efficient. Just research alot before you buy.

Yep, I'm gonna research the hell out of my new system. Never really did that before. Just bought stuff on a whim (and it was alway entry to mid level). Still probably six months away from taking the plunge. I want to be prepared this time around.

Archived