newls1's HUGE 8"s of fury x2 (Starts page 15 for newest update 3/17/13)

Nice, ull get the new baskets/softparts then which have much improved cooling

1 3500.1 is a good start. everyone and their mother says the subs can take 3000-4000w but thats not daily playing notes below tuning up to 60-70hz for long periods of time. realistically u can get them moving plenty with 1000-1500w rms per sub

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Nice, ull get the new baskets/softparts then which have much improved cooling

1 3500.1 is a good start. everyone and their mother says the subs can take 3000-4000w but thats not daily playing notes below tuning up to 60-70hz for long periods of time. realistically u can get them moving plenty with 1000-1500w rms per sub

OK, so a couple of quesions..... Im wanting to keep this simple and just power all 4 drivers with 1 amp (Makes tuning that much easier for me) so If I start with "1" 3500.1D for all 4 drivers (all 4 drivers will be D2's for a 1ohm final load) when later on down the road when I can afford to add a second 3500.1D amp to strap with the first one, will that mean I'll have each amp @ 1/2ohm, or will this not work at all???? I hope im not confusing you!!!

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

OK, so a couple of quesions..... Im wanting to keep this simple and just power all 4 drivers with 1 amp (Makes tuning that much easier for me) so If I start with "1" 3500.1D for all 4 drivers (all 4 drivers will be D2's for a 1ohm final load) when later on down the road when I can afford to add a second 3500.1D amp to strap with the first one, will that mean I'll have each amp @ 1/2ohm, or will this not work at all???? I hope im not confusing you!!!

you are correct sir. u will need more batteries once u upgrade to another amp if u want to keep voltage up and power clean also. i think ull be surprised at the output with just 1 amp.

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

yes, I of course knew I would need more batts, that is a given. I hope this amp is better then the (if you remember) the 2 audiopipe amps I was going to use!!!

You know someone's hyped up about something when they call you 10 times in 2 hours time just to talk about their needs... And winds up dragging me back to SMD to see this build near it's final completion.

Order

Stuffs

NAOW!

OK, amps are ordered!!1 I have 2 SunDown 2500D's coming there way!! Ordered from DB-r so I dont think I have anything to stress about. Ill be strapping them with each amp @ 1/2ohm, so A final 1ohm load.. They should be able to handle that...... The power section on these amps are monsters. Will update with pictures when they arrive. DB-r says about 2 weeks..

**EDIT*** Come on Decaf, chime in, I want your opinion!!!

wow, if it wasn't for bad luck, i'd have no luck at all.. Just as im all excited to finish this up, I get "Let Go" at my work place.. So, until I find another job, I have to put this on the back burner again. What really pisses me off, is that the night before last, I had just spend 950$ on my amps, which are not returnable. HORRIBLE LUCK

sorry to hear about the job. This economy seems unrelenting. Try your best to keep your head up.

Thank you very much.. Really hard though, as I gave this place 900% and did way more then my job entailed me to do. Give your employer 900% only to go to work and be pulled to side to be told, SORRY, I HAVE TO LET YOU GO. with no warning, reason, etc.... Shit, atleast call me before I get there so I can save gas money (Drive is 30miles) and fire me over the phone....DAMN!!!!

Archived