Dale's Enclosure Build (update: More Pics Added)

hmmm.....you don't have to choose an alignment if you're not sure...i usually leave that as is. Also, you should put the volume as 6 cubic ft. That's the net volume you need for two 12" drivers. The port displacements and others aren't included. If you don't have that much space then you should decrease this value to say 5 cubes (2.5 for each sub).

I'm actually going to open up winISD and do this with you so that I can show you exactly how it's done. I'll assume that you only have 6.54 cubes for the internal volume of the box.

I selected: KICKER S12L74 which means kicker 12" L7 4 ohm (Dual)

Then I selected 2 subs.

Before we go any further, you should have a frequency in mind to which you want to tune the box. Everything depends on this frequency....Get back to me and we'll continue

Note: you are really tight on space....To get the most out of these subs, you need about 3- 3 1/4 cubic ft each!

hmm well i was gonna with a frequency of 32 and so the net volume of the box would be around 5 something after the port displacement... if so i guess i can see if i can get bit bigger

That's actually a great design. Google Sketch? But yeah that would definitely work. You should remeasure your trunk and see if you can squeeze any extra space, you're gonna need it.

Hey guys well I got a 96 Toyato Carmy thats why I'm bit restricted well i went to measuring and came up with Height 15 width 39 depth 29 (9.795 cubic feet) i was looking at fitting it into the truck and i will probably be testing that out while i build it and keep checking to see it will fit unless you guys got suggestions. so what do you think ? let me know

that is a great idea thank you ap zoutes i will try that out but if those dimension end up working whats your guys thoughts on the design (i know its pretty standard). also my cousin was suggesting that i should rent some the of the tools such jigsaw router or circular saw from home depot. wats your guys thoughts let me know

Well I made the mock up card board and I got to say i dont think it will fit in the trunk i'm have to make it smaller I got pictures I will post them when I get home (I'm at work right now) but what techiques have you guys gone with fitting a box in car trunk

Archived