How do you guys save money?

Well I just checked my bank account and it seriously made me sick to my stomach. Its the lowest its ever been, including when I first opened it and didn't even have a job yet. I'm a college kid and work at Mickey Dees, so I don't have a lot of money to start out with. I've been sitting here thinking about it, and it hit me that I'm an impulse buyer. I buy stuff that I think I "must have now" without even checking my balance, I usually don't buy big stuff but looking at my statement, all those 10-25 dollar things tend to add up over a period of time. I hate sitting at home so I got out, when I go out I almost always spend money that I shouldn't.

I know its hard for a lot of us since audio is an expensive audio (now add that onto my fishing/truck/drums/golf/gun addiction plus paying for college and having a girl friend). Plus the economy is kicking my ass, I'm lucky to get 20 hours a week at work and it's literally impossible to get a new job.

If I can't save up a good chuck of money FAST then I'm gonna be forced to sell all my audioz to pay for gas/food/college. So what do you guys do to help save money? I try to collect change and sell old stuff on ebay but then I have the mentality that I have extra money to spend on my hobbies. What could I do to get out of this impulse buying shit?

I guess this is kind of a rant too, just had to get this off my chest and find out ways to gain my money back.

2000 Jeep Cherokee

-DC Audio

-Memphis

-Audioque

-SecondSkin

-Pioneer

-KnuKonceptz

one good tip would be to try and stay away from eating out.

so instead of hamburgers and stuff you gotta pay for, see if you can make something at home. this helped me save a bunch i hardly eat out now and its healthy.

Also if you do need something try and do research about it to see which is the best offered.

just my $.02

well i got a ride that gets 48mpg so that saves alot there lol. um whats a bank account? save? im an impulse buyer too i need help aswell if u find a cure let me know ok

93 Civic Hatch

kicker components in doors

TermlabDbsealedonmusic-1-1.jpg

[ak11667] 12:12 am: hook the speaker outputs up to your nipples and turn the gain all the way up

as for keep buying shit you just have to tell your self I NEED TO SAVE I'M BROKE!!

And try pay cash dont charge see if your bank can lock a account so no money can get taken out. and see if you can make do with what you have

sorry for the two post responce forgot to add stuff :)

i got a good savings ...my wife lol. she does all the saving.

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

I would put your money in a place that is a pain in the ass to get to...I personally put money im trying to save down a port of a floor speaker in my home audio setup. It's amazing how much havng to put forth the effort of taking out the woofer stops me from making needless purchases or at the very least it slows me down and makes me think is it worth it. Lol, just my .02 and what's worked for me. ...also i never use my home audio setup, and wouldn't suggest putting the money in a box you use regularly if you even consider this option. ;)

1997 Lexus ES300

HU - Pioneer MVH 7350

Processor - Helix DSP

Front Stage - JBL P660C

Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4

Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12

Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1

one good tip would be to try and stay away from eating out.

so instead of hamburgers and stuff you gotta pay for, see if you can make something at home. this helped me save a bunch i hardly eat out now and its healthy.

Also if you do need something try and do research about it to see which is the best offered.

just my $.02

I'm on a diet and barely eat but when I do I make something at the house since the parents pay for that food lol unless I'm at school then I have to buy my food

well i got a ride that gets 48mpg so that saves alot there lol. um whats a bank account? save? im an impulse buyer too i need help aswell if u find a cure let me know ok

My ride gets about 15 but getting a new one is out of the question, plus this one is paid off so it's rolling with me till the wheels fall off

as for keep buying shit you just have to tell your self I NEED TO SAVE I'M BROKE!!

And try pay cash dont charge see if your bank can lock a account so no money can get taken out. and see if you can make do with what you have

sorry for the two post responce forgot to add stuff :)

I don't have a credit card, because I know I'm an impulse buyer and I'm not trying to screw myself for when I get out of college and can't get a house

I would put your money in a place that is a pain in the ass to get to...I personally put money im trying to save down a port of a floor speaker in my home audio setup. It's amazing how much havng to put forth the effort of taking out the woofer stops me from making needless purchases or at the very least it slows me down and makes me think is it worth it. Lol, just my .02 and what's worked for me. ...also i never use my home audio setup, and wouldn't suggest putting the money in a box you use regularly if you even consider this option. ;)

This is probably what I'll end up doing, cashing my checks instead of depositing them and keeping just enough money to get me gas and such for two weeks and stashing the rest or giving it to my parents.

2000 Jeep Cherokee

-DC Audio

-Memphis

-Audioque

-SecondSkin

-Pioneer

-KnuKonceptz

I forgot to add. Does anyone know of ways to make extra money? I've tried building boxes for people but "why should they pay me that much when they can get a pre-fab for 50". Tried mowing lawns, but my dad doesn't like me using his lawn equipment unless I'm mowing our yard lol.

2000 Jeep Cherokee

-DC Audio

-Memphis

-Audioque

-SecondSkin

-Pioneer

-KnuKonceptz

Archived