doug118 Posted September 23, 2009 Report Posted September 23, 2009 (edited) I've been looking at my car/doors and trying to figure out what a good speaker placement would be for a 3 way component set. My first thought was to just fiberglass the doors and have all 3 speakers close together but after staring for about 10 minutes it came to me. what about the 6.5" in the kick, 4" in the stock speaker hole, and tweeter in the a pillar. I took some pictures for reference. You think it would sound better the way I just described or in some sort of fashion all on the door? http://www.woofersetc.com/p7050/SLC-36525-...nent-System.htm edit: yeah I just changed the topic title and content since I didn't want to make 2 topics and I got my answer from James about the other question so I just changed this around Edited September 23, 2009 by doug118 Quote 2001 Tahoe. Huge front stage and 55+ substage http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196418-another-tahoe-build-huge-front-stage-and-155-substage/
AI James Posted September 23, 2009 Report Posted September 23, 2009 they are worth the extra the tweet is a better tweet Quote
doug118 Posted September 23, 2009 Author Report Posted September 23, 2009 just the man I was hoping would respond! lol I wish their were places in my area that carried these so people could actually hear them. Its hard for me to spend $450 on speakers I've never heard especially since I only make about $130/week but I guess I'm just going to have to go on peoples word Quote 2001 Tahoe. Huge front stage and 55+ substage http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196418-another-tahoe-build-huge-front-stage-and-155-substage/
AI James Posted September 23, 2009 Report Posted September 23, 2009 yea here where i am there are no rainbow dealers also, so its pretty much a shot in the dark, i love rainbow stuff so i kinda keep up with what they change with sets and stuff like that, I've owned SLC's references, germaniums, and dreamlines at different times in my stages of the hobby. All of the SLC sets recieves a upgraded Cal tweeter about 2 years ago Quote
doug118 Posted September 24, 2009 Author Report Posted September 24, 2009 damn no opinions? Quote 2001 Tahoe. Huge front stage and 55+ substage http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196418-another-tahoe-build-huge-front-stage-and-155-substage/
AI James Posted September 24, 2009 Report Posted September 24, 2009 hmm did i post in the wrong thread? anyhow its always good to hook them up without totally cutting holes and double stick tape them into places to get an idea of staging. i like a little higher stage then you explaned so id do the 6.5 in stock location mid in the space right in front of your door handlr and tweet in the a pillar. i'll try to find a pic of a 3way setup i ddi for a friend Quote
doug118 Posted September 24, 2009 Author Report Posted September 24, 2009 haha no you didn't post in the wrong thread. I just changed the original one since you answered my question, instead of making a 2nd one right after it and I never thought about putting the mid way up there. I am trying to stay away from fiberglassing the door panels. what about putting the mids in the A-pillar along with the tweeters? I would like to see some pictures to get ideas Quote 2001 Tahoe. Huge front stage and 55+ substage http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196418-another-tahoe-build-huge-front-stage-and-155-substage/
AI James Posted September 24, 2009 Report Posted September 24, 2009 in this pic theres the door panel i ended up putting 6.5 in bottom 3" in the hole on top (made it bigger} and tweets in the sail panels i'll bug him to take a pic of the finisged product because i forgot to take them lol Quote
doug118 Posted September 24, 2009 Author Report Posted September 24, 2009 did you fiberglass the door panel or just put the speaker up there and mount it somehow? Quote 2001 Tahoe. Huge front stage and 55+ substage http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196418-another-tahoe-build-huge-front-stage-and-155-substage/
doug118 Posted September 24, 2009 Author Report Posted September 24, 2009 so james is the only one with ANY input? Quote 2001 Tahoe. Huge front stage and 55+ substage http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196418-another-tahoe-build-huge-front-stage-and-155-substage/
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.