if you want to really get into it, the ls has a longer strong and smaller ports which means less flow but more torque. also has 2 less teeth on the water pump.

a gsr has a block girdle which makes it a little more reliable, a vtec head with larger ports which means more power

the transmissions are also different. the LS has a longer gear ratio then the gsr so at highway speeds your RPMs will be lower with the LS transmission but will accelerate slower then if you had a gsr transmission

also forgot that the gsr revs higher and also has these secondary butterflies in the intake manifold that open at 5750 rpm.. oh and it has a higher compression ratio 10:1 vs 9.2:1

Stock for stock, a GSR will do better all-motor than the LS.

BUT!

You could always do the LS/VTEC conversion (where you mount a VTEC head on an LS block) and get the best of both worlds. It does take a bit of fabwork, but I believe there are DIY kits available that make it easy, and if you can't do that, any shop worth their salt should be able to do the conversion.

Personally I would get the LS motor and turbocharge it, but that's just because I'm a boost fanboy lol.

EDIT: bad info

Too many projects, too little time...

The long gears are better for highway cruising (unless you like doing like 4k RPM at 65 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif and some say that they can take more of a beating than the GSR or Type-R transmissions.

don't give out false information, even if you are exaggerating

the gsr transmission will do 80mph in 5th gear at 4000 rpm

edit: in 4th at 4000rpm you will be at 61mph

edit again: with the LS transmission at 80mph in 5th gear you will be at 3518 RPMs. now will you notice those 500 RPMs? with a quiet exhaust, NO

edit #3: if you have serious mechanical knowledge or just feel ballsy, you can put get a type-r transmission and put a gsr third and fourth in and have a great transmission

edit again: with the LS transmission at 80mph in 5th gear you will be at 3518 RPMs. now will you notice those 500 RPMs? with a quiet exhaust, NO

I might have been thinking the Type-R tranny or something. My brother was bitching about his friend's Civic that had a really high cruising RPM, that's where I got it from. My bad.

Too many projects, too little time...

it doesnt matter rly. JUST DONT RICE IT OUT. but yea the gsr motor performs better at stock.

retarded build on the way.....

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

fosgate hu/mids and highs

Built GSR or LS/Vtec is just nasty. My buddy Jason has a built LS/Vtec with LS tranny in his 94 Civic coupe, and my boy Johnny has a GSR in his 2000 Civic coupe. They pull so hard. I'm thinking about getting me a 92-95 civic coupe or hatch.

2000 VW Jetta

Pioneer headunit

1 Soundstream PC.6 6.5" component set

4 Pioneer TSA6984R 6x9

4 Selenium 6w4p 6"

2 15" Sundown Audio E's in 4 cubes @35hz

Digital Designs CM1000

Rockford Fosgate Punch p400.4

Plans

New Box

New headunit

New Amps

R.I.P.1995 Chevy Blazer LS

Rockford Fosgate headunit

2 Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5"

2 Rockford Fosgate T1 4x6

2 Rockford Fosgate T1 4"

Hifonics Warrior hcx5.2c

4 Selenium 6w4p 6"

18" Mmats Juggernaut in 4.5 cubes @ 27hz

Hifonics Brutus 1200

Rockford Fosgate Punch p400.4

Alpine 4 channel

Optima Red Top

Plans

New Box

New headunit

New Amps

go for the ls vtec jdm version. my buddy has an integra with one and it is sick fast, shifting at 8700 is awsome, he will eat up gsr's all day. he is a huge honda guy and knows his shit I will get you some more info and contact info for ya

Archived