Sundown Audio

Rockford Fosgate 200IX DSM Question?

Hotdog

What is the difference between the 200 DSM and the 200IX DSM?

There is a guy locally selling a 200IX DSM and he is giving this as a description.

"Rockford Fosgate 200ix amp with end caps. 100 percent complete amp and fully functional.

The amp is conservatively rated at 200 watts a channel but will produce roughly 700 watts at 2 ohms bridged. Drop this bad boy down to 1ohm and hold on.

are they that under rated? the specs say 400 x 1 @ 4 ohm mono

and I though that they were not to go below 4ohm mono let alone 1 ohm...

what would be a good price to pay for one of these amps?

What is the difference between the 200 DSM and the 200IX DSM?

There is a guy locally selling a 200IX DSM and he is giving this as a description.

"Rockford Fosgate 200ix amp with end caps. 100 percent complete amp and fully functional.

The amp is conservatively rated at 200 watts a channel but will produce roughly 700 watts at 2 ohms bridged. Drop this bad boy down to 1ohm and hold on.

are they that under rated? the specs say 400 x 1 @ 4 ohm mono

and I though that they were not to go below 4ohm mono let alone 1 ohm...

what would be a good price to pay for one of these amps?

The 200 ix has an internal crossover chip where as the 200 dsm does not, you would need an active crossover. the 200ix is a great amp, but im not sure about running at 2 ohms bridged, me personally i wouldnt do that just because it is 4 ohm stable. as far as the power goes, yes they are very underrated. Back in the day, it was not uncommon for guys with smaller systems to run a pair of 12's with a punch 60ix, i have done this myself. If one was for sale, with the box, in excellent shape, and all paper work, i would pay upwards of 250-300 bucks for one, thats just because i collect old stuff though. If you could find a trans ana serises 200x2 the sound quality is a little bit better, just my 2 cents.

Build in progress:

Kenwood DNX890HD

Rockford Fosgate White wolf RCA's

2 Rockford Fosgate T400.4 on RF fanatic q components (6.5 in the kick, 6.5 in the front doors, 5.25 in rear doors)
2 Rockford Fosgate T2500's on sub

1 Fi car audio Team 15 D1

XS Power D3400 and three D975's in the rear

Mechman Elite 370

Stinger power connections and cable

RockFord_Fosgate-1-1.png

The 200 ix has an internal crossover chip where as the 200 dsm does not, you would need an active crossover. the 200ix is a great amp, but im not sure about running at 2 ohms bridged, me personally i wouldnt do that just because it is 4 ohm stable. as far as the power goes, yes they are very underrated. Back in the day, it was not uncommon for guys with smaller systems to run a pair of 12's with a punch 60ix, i have done this myself. If one was for sale, with the box, in excellent shape, and all paper work, i would pay upwards of 250-300 bucks for one, thats just because i collect old stuff though. If you could find a trans ana serises 200x2 the sound quality is a little bit better, just my 2 cents.

Thanks for the info.. The guy sent me a picture of the amp and it looks in mint condition and he is currently using it.

Posted Image

I dont know if he has the box or not I will have to call him back and see.

It doesn't really have to have the box. That's just one of my personal preferences as a collector. If the amp is in good shape then I say get it. You will not be disappointed.

Build in progress:

Kenwood DNX890HD

Rockford Fosgate White wolf RCA's

2 Rockford Fosgate T400.4 on RF fanatic q components (6.5 in the kick, 6.5 in the front doors, 5.25 in rear doors)
2 Rockford Fosgate T2500's on sub

1 Fi car audio Team 15 D1

XS Power D3400 and three D975's in the rear

Mechman Elite 370

Stinger power connections and cable

RockFord_Fosgate-1-1.png

It's worth about $150. Very common to find them at that price on ebay. Great amps lot's of power about 550 rms at 4ohm- I wouldn't run it a 2 ohm rockford didn't recommend this, but they do work at 2ohm just chance burning it up.

Alpine INA-W900

Rockford Fosgate Punch 200ix

Rockford Fosgate power T1500-1

Sundown SA-10 x2

Focal 6x8's front

Rockford Fosgate Power T1682 rear

Rockford Fosgate and Stinger Wiring

Powermaster D3400, S680

I used to run one and liked it very much and in fact my nieghbor is still useing mine so that goes goes to show you the reliabilaty factor of that amp.

14 years.

Great amp for subs and I have ran its sibblings at 2 ohm bridged, would never dream of running at 1 ohm bridged.

If you want sound quaility you need too go one year older in my opinion and get the Trans ana version. I felt there was a very noticable difference in sound quaility but if you are running subs you would probably never catch it.

Great amp and gets 2 thumbs up from me. I sold mine for $100 and would give mine a 8 out of 10.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Archived