Looking for new components

siucsaluki11

***WILL BE RUNNING ACTIVE***For the amp, im probably going to be going with an AQ 4ch since ill probably be getting an AQ2200D for my subs when i do this. But i am in need of new component speakers. For a lil while theyll just be put in the stock locations till i get some more FG practice on the parts i saved from the blazer. I saved them cuz i wanted to practice before i did this to a brand new car. But all that aside. I need new components. Ive got a few ive found and was wondering about.

****Also, stock locations in doors is 6.5" speaker and a mounting depth of 3" but ill probably have to fab up rings to mount them to regardless, so i guess a bit over 3" is alright.

JBL components

Old rockford power component set.

New RF power components

OR the DD components, but not the high end ones, theyre not in my price range, maybe down the line ill try them, but not now. Im going to be putting these in a 2010lancer along with 3 8" subs in the trunk. Im trying to find a set that gets loud and still sounds pretty good. The only bad ive heard of the DDs is the tweets are a bit harsh and the x-overs blow with too much power, which is fine cuz im running active.

Thanks for the help guys.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

I literally JUST installed my OPTI6C components, I'm impressed. The bass isn't muddy, and they'll handle some power.

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti Scion 600.4

4 - Lanzar Optidrive 1232D's

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6C midbass

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

No offense but im not lookin to run any lanzar equipment. Ive heard alright things about the OPTI line, but id rather not.

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Nobody else?

I had picked up 2 sets of infinity kappas 6.5s for $132 a set on ebay. They sound harsh at first when broken in the scream and sound good! :yahoo:

Well, I only have 1 set installed so far. I want to glass my doors and build a glass box for my subs. Probably wont happen till spring, seeing I just found out today my wife is a preggo. :P

Alpine CDA-9847 HU

F Highs 2x Infinity Kappa 60.9CS Powered by Eclipse EA4200 Glass door panels

R Highs Infinity Ref. 9622i powered by HU

3x RF Punch HX2 RFD2210 Powered by MTX Thunder 81000D

Box Vol. 3.259 before displacement, Tuned 36.6, Port area 54"

***WILL BE RUNNING ACTIVE***For the amp, im probably going to be going with an AQ 4ch since ill probably be getting an AQ2200D for my subs when i do this. But i am in need of new component speakers. For a lil while theyll just be put in the stock locations till i get some more FG practice on the parts i saved from the blazer. I saved them cuz i wanted to practice before i did this to a brand new car. But all that aside. I need new components. Ive got a few ive found and was wondering about.

****Also, stock locations in doors is 6.5" speaker and a mounting depth of 3" but ill probably have to fab up rings to mount them to regardless, so i guess a bit over 3" is alright.

JBL components

Old rockford power component set.

New RF power components

OR the DD components, but not the high end ones, theyre not in my price range, maybe down the line ill try them, but not now. Im going to be putting these in a 2010lancer along with 3 8" subs in the trunk. Im trying to find a set that gets loud and still sounds pretty good. The only bad ive heard of the DDs is the tweets are a bit harsh and the x-overs blow with too much power, which is fine cuz im running active.

Thanks for the help guys.

Im runing the JBL's right now and i think they sound great, Clean good mid Bass , Im not running them active tho...

Posted Image

Click Here For my Hopper Build

"Click here for my 2008 Dodge Mega Cab Build(The DC Rebuild) "Diesel"

Click here for my 2001 Trans AM Hot rod build

2 Rockford Fosgate T4000.1bd

1 Rockford Fosgate T1000.4db

1 Rockford Fosgate T300.2bd

4 XL's 15's DC Audio

8 JBL GTI's 6 1/2

Any of the DLS speakers with the neo magnets sound pretty damn good active.

Also the MS6a, can take a thrashing :)

Anything less and I wouldn't bother going active. Same applies to the DD components, I'm about to grab 4 sets and I'm just going to run them passive despite having all the processing power I could want...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Main reason for going active, especially with the DD components, is so i dont blow a crossover. Ive heard the DD xovers blow pretty easy.

What about using any combo of these woofers and tweeters?

dayton 7" woofers

http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_i...s_id=8234"</a>%5dpeerless%206.5"%5b/url%5d%5burl="http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=554'>madisound 6.5"

seas silk dome tweets

seas alum tweets

vifa soft dome tweet

Main reason for going active, especially with the DD components, is so i dont blow a crossover. Ive heard the DD xovers blow pretty easy.

The old black plastic oval ones blew like crazy, anything over 80wrms and they got hot.

New square ones are solid.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Archived