Looking for new components

siucsaluki11

Nobody has anything to say about the drivers in question from PE and Madisound?

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

What about using any combo of these woofers and tweeters?

dayton 7" woofers

http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_i...s_id=8234"</a>%5dpeerless%206.5"%5b/url%5d%5burl="http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=554'>madisound 6.5"

seas silk dome tweets

seas alum tweets

vifa soft dome tweet

Both the Seas tweeters you have listed are really nice. I personally have used both and I prefer the metal ones, they are a bit more detailed then the silks (but only you can deside which one you like the sound of better). The Dayton RS mids are nice but I would pick up a Seas or Peerless mid from madisounds. Btw your one link does not work, so cant comment on that driver.

***WILL BE RUNNING ACTIVE***For the amp, im probably going to be going with an AQ 4ch since ill probably be getting an AQ2200D for my subs when i do this. But i am in need of new component speakers. For a lil while theyll just be put in the stock locations till i get some more FG practice on the parts i saved from the blazer. I saved them cuz i wanted to practice before i did this to a brand new car. But all that aside. I need new components. Ive got a few ive found and was wondering about.

****Also, stock locations in doors is 6.5" speaker and a mounting depth of 3" but ill probably have to fab up rings to mount them to regardless, so i guess a bit over 3" is alright.

JBL components

Old rockford power component set.

New RF power components

OR the DD components, but not the high end ones, theyre not in my price range, maybe down the line ill try them, but not now. Im going to be putting these in a 2010lancer along with 3 8" subs in the trunk. Im trying to find a set that gets loud and still sounds pretty good. The only bad ive heard of the DDs is the tweets are a bit harsh and the x-overs blow with too much power, which is fine cuz im running active.

Thanks for the help guys.

What is your budget btw? I would suggest passing on the RF's you have listed above and the JBL GTi's are pretty good but quite power hungry. I would suggest looking into the PPI 356CS from SE $139.99. They are extremely similar to the old ADS components, hard to find a better set for the money. Would work great active or you could even bi-amp them.

the new forum boner comps over on ca.com are the ppi 365cs. they are the same platform as the a/d/s/ 365's, supposedly sound very clean

i just ordered the 5 1/4 comp set from sonic electronix for 74.95 shipped

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...s%3DI%26otn%3D1

edit...lol beat me to it ^

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

the new forum boner comps over on ca.com are the ppi 365cs. they are the same platform as the a/d/s/ 365's, supposedly sound very clean

i just ordered the 5 1/4 comp set from sonic electronix for 74.95 shipped

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...s%3DI%26otn%3D1

edit...lol beat me to it ^

The tweeters and crossovers are almost exactly the same as the old ADS and the mid is an "updated" version of the old mid. IMHO, your not going to find a better deal then the 5.25's for $75 Shipped and the 6.5's for $140 Shipped.

whats your budget?

hertz

RF power series

eclipse

diamond

focal

all make awesome components....

comes down to how much your looking to spend...

Full eclipse system is next on list.. soon to gut and redo the honda as new project/rolling buissness card :)

i miss the sound of those old school strokers on beast amps :(

What is your budget btw? I would suggest passing on the RF's you have listed above and the JBL GTi's are pretty good but quite power hungry. I would suggest looking into the PPI 356CS from SE $139.99. They are extremely similar to the old ADS components, hard to find a better set for the money. Would work great active or you could even bi-amp them.

They will be powered by an AQ4X90, 90w RMS per chan. at 4 ohms. So i dont think power will be an issue. The drivers you mentioned from madisound in the post before this are all a bit more than i was lookin to spend, but if something is going to be that much better, its worth waiting.

whats your budget?

hertz

RF power series

eclipse

diamond

focal

all make awesome components....

comes down to how much your looking to spend...

Was lookin to keep it in the $200-300 range. Trying to stay closer to 2, but if the extra hundred will make that much of a difference, its worth it.

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Check out the Image Dynamics CX components , and if you dont mind spending the extra couple hundred bucks extra get the XS components. Remember the speakers will only sound as good as the enclosure they are in and the signal they are given...

Too Much Stuff to list .

Only worry with the DLS is the ratings for power handling. limits posted on where i checked.

Archived