Sundown Audio

SAE-1200D Going into Protection

So last saturday (a week ago today) i finally finished up my system. everything worked fine until today...

I got into my car to make a quick run to home depot and while driving i noticed that my bass remote didnt have it's blue led shining like normal. i pulled over to check it out and saw that my amp had it's red protect light on. i decided to forget about the home depot trip and headed home.

once home, i began trying to trouble shoot the issue. first off, i changed every fuse in my system (two 300amps, one 150amp, and 5 30amps) but the light still came on. so then my next idea was that maybe my wiring came undone inside of my box... i ripped everything out only to find that my subs were still wired just fine and that there were no stray pieces of wire shorting out. the next thing i checked was my amp, so i took my amp out and checked the inside of it. nothing inside is blown or charred. still nothing. the last thing i did was redo all of my grounds and verify that they were all good.

STILL my amp will not "turn on" out of protection mode. it played fine yesterday, but it wont play today. its only 70 degrees outside right now so i know its not in thermal.

can anybody offer me advice? i called the sundown shop about an hour ago but nobody answered..(left a message)

help?

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

Grab a DMM and check the input voltage. Check the RCA voltage also.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

Grab a DMM and check the input voltage. Check the RCA voltage also.

i have one, but it seems to be broken. i'll have to get another one and test it out. i hope its not a faulty amp because i bought it 3 months ago, and just finally was able to put it in last weekend (these only have a 90 day repair warranty)

i have a second battery in my trunk that was sitting at 13.7volts when it was in protect.

fuck

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

It's Saturday. You won't get an answer on the phone. When an amp is stuck in protect the first thing you do is disconnect the rcas, remote knob, and speaker wires from the amp. Then check your input voltage at the amp. I would also try swapping the amp into another vehicle but I understand that's not always an option. If everything looks good and it's still stuck in protect then send an email.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

It's Saturday. You won't get an answer on the phone. When an amp is stuck in protect the first thing you do is disconnect the rcas, remote knob, and speaker wires from the amp. Then check your input voltage at the amp. I would also try swapping the amp into another vehicle but I understand that's not always an option. If everything looks good and it's still stuck in protect then send an email.

i figured that you guys were closed down for the weekend.

i'll check it out and see what the voltage is at on the inputs. if that voltage is all good, what should i be looking for (voltage wise) out of the rca's?

Edited by J00bles

Check the remote wire, if you do have enough volts it will send the amp into protect. I had that happen to me before.

And yeah just because Jacob is the owner of Sundown doesn't mean he works 24-7.

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

maybe ground is loose?thats how my amp would get my hifonics.then i got a better ground and didnt have that problem since,.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

i figured that you guys were closed down for the weekend.

i'll check it out and see what the voltage is at on the inputs. if that voltage is all good, what should i be looking for (voltage wise) out of the rca's?

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=25249

Not sure if you've seen this sticky, but check it out. I should help with you RCA's

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card