Sonic Electronix

12000+ watts rms going to nothing now "NEED NEW SUBS"

I'm running 4 Power Acoustik a3000db

them amps throw out like 1100w rms from what I remember.

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

-if I get a job, it gets 2 SA 8s in a 2.5cube box (roughly 2 cube with the port and woofers in)-

-oh, and a new HU and some speakers that dont suck. and possibly a new muffler and tint job (previous owners tint is smudging in the back, if you know how to get tint off a window without damaging the heating stuff, let me know!!!)-

Good brands, and as others have said DC Sound should be on your list of subs to consider. I would probably also throw out there theses as well. I wouldn't mind playing with one of these myself.

Incrimator Audio Warden Subwoofers

Maybe 2 21" Wardens, But I dont know they may want more power than that, Beajay has 2 stetsom 14k's on em(15's) and they are hardely moving, thats why he is putting 2 more for daily, and I think he said 8 for burping. So given that I would say 2 18" IA Death Penaltys.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

That fuse would blow really quick eventhough he has high voltage. I`d say maximum 2500 with around 15 volts through a 160a fuse.

Even with 95% effiency (doubtful with a PA Class D amp... more like 70% max...)

160*.95*15=2280 wrms @ 1ohm...

75% effiency is more realistic... which would come out to 1800w rms @1ohm with 15v and no voltage drop... excluding imp rise.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

Guest Cobrastang98

them amps throw out like 1100w rms from what I remember.

No they do much more than that... On regular voltage they will do like 1800-2k rms @ 1ohm before impedance rise. To the OP you said you're getting like 3k rms out of each amp @ 15.5v or so, if so what is that number after impedance rise??

But as far as subs are concerned, anything from FI BTL, T3 TSS, DC LVL4xl, AA Mayhem, IA DP, Atomic APX, etc... If it were my setup I'd run IA DP, T3 TSS, or DC LVL4xls. Off that power each one would be perfect. All of them you will be extremely impressed with no question about it. People are mentioning DC LVL5 and RD HW/SHW, those subs need big amounts of power like 3k-4k+ daily to get close to their potential. With those amps I'd be shocked if you're seeing 1800w after impedance rise per amp.

Archived