Problem with my car alarm. Can use some help!

OK Heres what's going on. I purchased a code alarm from a reputable stereo shop where I live and it worked good for a while. From the get-go my parking lights never flashed and when I questioned the installer about it he said he had it hooked up correctly. After like a month my remote beeped one night at home and it indicated that it was no longer receiving a signal from the alarm brain. My remote is also a two way pager that way I know when my alarm is going off. Anyways I go outside and walk around the car until I was down by where the brain was and finally got it to disarm. That happened every once in a while. The car the alarm was first in got totaled and I had the same installer take the alarm back out. I got a different car and took the alarm to a different shop because I had heard some shit about the first shop. It was installed properly and again worked good for the past month. I want to point out that I live across the street from a AT&T hub where the service trucks get parked, but its not an office. So over the last week or so my remote would lose signal at night time and only at my house, this doesnt happen anywhere else but my home. Today I get ready to leave and neither one of my remotes is working with the alarm, so I gotta unlock the door and take off with the siren going off. I get like 4 blocks away, pull over and shut the blazer off. I then hit the arm button on my remote and of course it worked.

Worked all day today at my friends house and when I went to businesses. This sounds crazy but I had to set my alarm 4 blocks away and drive home so it would stay set for the night and this is where I'm at now. I asked the guy that installed it in my blazer and he says its the AT&T hub. I can get in my blazer, hold the remote next to where the brain is and it still wont read the remote. So obviously this is an annoyance and I am looking for any help on this matter. Has anyone ever had a similar problem with a code alarm or any other kind of name brand alarm. Does anyone think the AT&T hub has anything to do with it since it only happens around my house. Now some nights it works just fine and others it goes off a few times during the night. Also the newer installer said the parking light output on my brain is bad so I dunno if that would effect the remote or not. Any help would be appreciated!

Kenwood Excelon KDX-693 Head Unit

Kinetik HC600

Powerbass 6.75's in front doors

Powerbass 6.75's in rear deck

Powerbass 1000.1D

Powerbass 400.4

2 SA-12 inch Sundown Audio Subs

0 gauge Power Wire and Big 3

Custom Amp Rack

Code Alarm with remote start

Stinger Digital Volt Meter

My build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/51869-1996-chevy-blazer-build/

My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/kanesdisciple

Does anyone think the AT&T hub has anything to do with it since it only happens around my house. Now some nights it works just fine and others it goes off a few times during the night. Also the newer installer said the parking light output on my brain is bad so I dunno if that would effect the remote or not. Any help would be appreciated!

Depends on what kind of frequency the system operates at... but I have heard of large electrical/communication equipment causing problems... hell I've even had directed tell me that before. As far as the parking light output not working, that shouldn't effect the remote at all.

Dumb question... but where is your antenna mounted?

Edited by Shyne151

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Depends on what kind of frequency the system operates at... but I have heard of large electrical/communication equipment causing problems... hell I've even had directed tell me that before. As far as the parking light output not working, that shouldn't effect the remote at all.

Dumb question... but where is your antenna mounted?

Its on the drivers side at the top of the windshield. On a good note the alarm has worked fine all day around my house!

Kinetik HC600

Powerbass 1000.1D

Powerbass 400.4

Custom Amp Rack

My build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/51869-1996-chevy-blazer-build/

Its on the drivers side at the top of the windshield. On a good note the alarm has worked fine all day around my house!

Move the antenna to the center of the windshield and if the antenna wire is bundled under the dash... unbundle it and just tuck it under the headliner back and forth across it till there is none left... this will help with range.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Ok, I will have to figure out which wire is for the antenna and then I will get it moved!

Kinetik HC600

Powerbass 1000.1D

Powerbass 400.4

Custom Amp Rack