14 total people competing in Bassrace at Finals 09

redbaron80

i paid for my membership with the sort of intention of going, but its just not realistic to go that far. i understand its worlds finals, but with no one sponsoring like they use to, its all out of our own pockets. and we all know how shallow our pockets have been these days! if there was a cen california location i would even sponsor it, hell i know companies that would give money to help support the event. If it was in cen cal i can get probably 15 people to go spectate as well. and about 5 competitors ATLEAST that are my friends.

It is sad. There isn't a single full bracket in any class, Drag or Bass Race. Most classes only have 2-3 people in them. Wayne says he might not do a finals at all next season. Check out the maps that Ed Lester and Hank posted. They kind of say it all as to how dumb it is to have finals in Tulsa.

S#%@ ! He better think twice before he even do that . . . . . His going to loss more "money" :girl_devil: Do you think competitors will even wanna think of renewing there registrations as a dbdrag/bassrace members if no "finals" is going to happen next season ?

I doubted ! . . . . I can just see it now everything are just going down hill for this kind of sports/hobby we like and enjoy. :spiteful:

TEAM S.S.C.

Team Serious SPL Centurions

df2c.jpgfzwn.jpg

You took what I said out of context.

Tulsa is a good choice vs. not having Finals at all.

If I had my choice, the main location would be in West Virginia with a 2nd location in Vegas at SEMA.

I have been saying this for years.

People bitch that there is no manufacture support and then they plan an added expense for the manufacture 1 month before another commitment.

Where else can these Orgs get support from a manufacture as well as a great amount of exposure to their potential show hosting customers?

I guess I don't understand their business model http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

S#%@ ! He better think twice before he even do that . . . . . His going to loss more "money" :girl_devil: Do you think competitors will even wanna think of renewing there registrations as a dbdrag/bassrace members if no "finals" is going to happen next season ?

I doubted ! . . . . I can just see it now everything are just going down hill for this kind of sports/hobby we like and enjoy. :spiteful:

Wayne don't care about the U S he make's all his money over sea's and has already thought about dropping drag in the us altogether will there be a finals next year doubt it

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

dB Drag has got some serious issues......finacial, location and competitors.

FINACIAL:

It is no mystery that the economy sucks yet I know a lot of people still have systems in their ride. So what is it? we'll come back to that. However, people still want their beat but, are not going to go actively compete. So a show cost "X" amount to throw and from a business stand point it is advertisement fee. No for a business to spend "X" amount and be lucky recover half of that is just poor investement and poor advertisement. "X" amount of money spent in a newspaper or flyer campaign carrys more chances of making money then hosting a show.

WAYNE, has a got a great product and he knows it. It may be a lot of headache for him since he's a one man show running an international organiztions but, GUESS WHAT. Saves on overhead. If you pick any Sunday during the past season and count how man shows were hosted that day and multiply that by $100. Thats how much money came in for that day from fees MINIMUM!!!!! Not to mention membership fees that gets us a rule book and some cd's. ( don't get me wrong between IASCA USACi and dB Drag, dB Drag has got the best to show for your memebership). Now I'm sure Wayne gets a ton of phone calls and so on but for not being able to throw a Finals is far fetched. Furthermore, the reason entry fees for Finals is soo expensive is to pay for the cost of trophies and the facility. So of all the show sanctioning fees, where does that go? If $20 from every sanctioning fee was put towards Finals I don't see why each region couldn't have a small event and then only then do we compete for a WORLD title. Not three locations for the whole world when the whole world put in on it!!!!

As I left off, The Whole World gives the organization money. So for each region/country they should have an opportunity to host a Finals. Now I'm not saying thats its easy and that it won't take a lot of planning but, it seems the only fair way. The single locations definately were some of the best shows ever but it was also when the mainstream car audio was still a big part of the organiztion. A lot of the companies that are involved now was not there when this organization started. Just like the old school competitors they have moved on or stopped associating with dB Drag.

COMPETITORS:

First off, the generation y-ners need to step up and shut up. All because you got a trophy in t-ball just for playing doesn't mean that shit is going to fly here. This is a grown-up sport and if you haven't learned how to play with adults you probably shouldn't be one. If your going to get pissed at that statement then your probably part of that generation. The veterans of this sport will tell you it has not always been about winning sometimes it just about the sport and competition.

/rant

Archived