Ground Bigger Then Battery

is it true its good to have ur ground wire bigger then ur battery wire. i have the opposite 8 gauge for ground 4 for power. i know its bad its only temporary. But could thaat be why my amps keep over heating?? im guessing it is. im picking up some 4 Gauge wire ASAP maybe even sum 1/0.

Gota have my rear view shakin and my seats vibratin'.

(2) 12" Diamond D3

(1) DEI Directed Audio 2400D

(1) Kicker L5 15"

(1) Rockford Fosgate P5002

(2) 12" Fosgate P2's

(2) 15" Fosgate P2

^^Not all hooked up at once, i rotate. Its all i got.^^

One of my buddys has an amp similar to mine. He has a Kenwood KAC-9512D and i have a Kenwood KAC-9103D and we're trying to figure out why his amp kicks off everytime we wire up a sub Parallel. i thought maybe it was because he has an 8 gauge ground and a 5 gauge power. Would that make it kick off when a sub is parallel?

Current Setup in 1989 Ford Mustang GT

Clarion Pro Audio DX

Infinity and Kenwood componets

Autotek 1900

1 12" Audiobahn AW1206T

thats what i thought. im runnin 4 gauge power and ground. I got free 4 gauge power and ground wire from Fusion last year :D and im running 8 gauge Fosgate wire to my subs lol i know 8 gauge to Lightning Audios is pretty stupid but im not loosing any power :D

Current Setup in 1989 Ford Mustang GT

Clarion Pro Audio DX

Infinity and Kenwood componets

Autotek 1900

1 12" Audiobahn AW1206T

One of my buddys has an amp similar to mine. He has a Kenwood KAC-9512D and i have a Kenwood KAC-9103D and we're trying to figure out why his amp kicks off everytime we wire up a sub Parallel. i thought maybe it was because he has an 8 gauge ground and a 5 gauge power. Would that make it kick off when a sub is parallel?

sounds like too low of an ohm load.

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

Archived