Sundown Audio

placing amp inside the sub box

blackhole

Put it in the port. lol

Dont see any problem. Just when building the box, account for the space being taken up.

People strap their amps to boxes all the time. Just throw rubber spacers in between the amps...

I can't tell if you're being serious or what, but i really hope you're not being serious about it not being an issue. Yes, people do mount amps onto boxes all the time.. Is it a good idea, NO.. Simply because of the enormous vibrations that are created when the subs are creating. The electrical boards on amps aren't exactly the most indestructible things out there. I've seen it many many times that pieces break off on the boards due to this exact problem. If and only if this is a last resort for mounting the amps to the box, then double/tripple up on that certain outside wall with MDF for it to mount to. Also use some sort of rubber piece under the amp to at least absorb some of the vibrations.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Put it in the port. lol

Dont see any problem. Just when building the box, account for the space being taken up.

People strap their amps to boxes all the time. Just throw rubber spacers in between the amps...

If you put an amplifier in your port, then you will destroy any predictable flow characteristics for that port.

Translation: your enclosure may sound ok, but it will almost certainly perform worse than expected with an amplifier clogging its port.

If you put an amplifier in your port, then you will destroy any predictable flow characteristics for that port.

Translation: your enclosure may sound ok, but it will almost certainly perform worse than expected with an amplifier clogging its port.

when building the box, account for the space being taken up.

Amps are square on the ends, which means that fluids, like air, will create turbulence on the low pressure side while trying to flow around it.

Turbulence is the opposite of what you want inside of a port because it is so chaotic. With a turbulence-inducing shape inside, the port will behave like a much smaller port. How much smaller of a port would be virtually impossible to calculate beforehand without some serious number-crunching power.

But don't take my word for it. :01nocomment8so: Build it and see for yourself.

since this is a really dumb topic has anyone every lined the inside of there box with any kind of sound deadner ?

it would obviously push airflow straight for the port ...but on a seriously note anyone every tried it ?

Edited by Tooshort064

95 Civic Coupe

Pioneer AVH-P7600DVD

Kinetik HC-1200 In Front

Kinetik HC-2000 In Rear

Memphis 16-MCA3004

2 X Memphis 16-MCD1000 With Maxxsonics MLX-100

2 X DC LVL 4 XL 12's

Pioneer Premier TS-C720PRS In Door's

Kenwood KFC-6982ie In Rear Deck

All Memphis Wire/Rca's and misc.

tooshort.png

724920892.png

is this dude for real...inside of a box?

:blink:

Edited by EricR

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?