First of all I would like to wish everyone a good and healthy 2010. May your dreams come true, and have a lot of fun. In life only a few things count, and enjoying is one of them.

About me… Im satisfied with what Ive done and made, but on top of my list there are the 2 heavenly hours I heard Metallica playing in Werchter, although Fergie did a good job too.

About the Ice, the diaphragm I made was a bulls eye. I never thought Id make something like this. And whats more important, is that I managed to add something more into the trunk thats electric.

The counter is now on 3, and sure hope it will rise even more.

I took some pictures of the lighting and the amplifierbox.

DSC01529_resize.jpg

DSC01531_resize.jpg

DSC01532_resize.jpg

DSC01533_resize.jpg

DSC01534_resize.jpg

What Im going to do next is to remove the amplifierbox.

When I made the aluminum box 2 years ago, I considered the fact that some changes may have come… Well, change is here…

The Precision Power amp is going out, and will have to make way for the new 2 amplifiers.

The big amount of work to get the PPI nicely covered is for the bin, but I know in the back of my head this could happen.

Whats going to happen with the other amplifiers, will be (according to me) even nice looking and even have more power.

Will sort it out.

i would like to volunteer you for a system in my car. so i'll be waiting in my garage.

If you have lived in Venice-Beach, I should have dropped by. Offcourse you will have to have a big mountain of dollars.

But I must blow up your dreams dude, I only make things for myself. Sorry.

Amazing work man... As I've said to ya before this is the single best install I've ever seen.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

very nice.... you going to trim it out in some leather?

the black nappa leather that comes with the AMG's is awesome... better than the conley leather for sure

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

Here you can see how the diaphragm looks, seen from the interior of the car.

DSC01552_resize.jpg

You can see that the diaphragm doesnt sit in the center of the armrest.

What you see, wont stay this way. It all needs to get finished, like when the armrest is down, it will look nice and complety ready

DSC01553_resize.jpg

These will be the 2 new amplifiers that will recplace the PPI.

As you can see, they are from JL Audio. The reason why? Simple, all the topdesigners from PPI work now at JL Audio.

2 years ago I’ve spoken with Jeff Scoon, the topdesigner of PPI. And I must say, from then on, it was in my mind of using JL amps someday.

The other option was the Focal Duo Monitor, but he has been for sale a couple of years now.

Cause this was only a 2-way amp, I had to buy one more to feed the subs.

A good friend of mine, Iwan Vinck (ARC deurne) has tested the JL edition, and was seriously impressed of what these things can do, and how they sound.

If someone like that is impressed, there’s no need to doubt, and you just have to GO FOR IT.

The HD600/4 gives 4x150, but in my case, I’m going to bridge it to 2x300 on the front speakers.

The HD750/1 gives 1x750 watt, and this will be used for the subs.

DSC01558_resize.jpg

In the meanwhile, I’ve lifted the PPI from it’s case, and put it in nicely into my cupboard. Don’t think I’ll sell this, you won’t get anything for that now a days.

Then I rather mount it in my golf I drive daily.

Archived