These will be the 2 new amplifiers that will recplace the PPI.

As you can see, they are from JL Audio. The reason why? Simple, all the topdesigners from PPI work now at JL Audio.

2 years ago I’ve spoken with Jeff Scoon, the topdesigner of PPI. And I must say, from then on, it was in my mind of using JL amps someday.

The other option was the Focal Duo Monitor, but he has been for sale a couple of years now.

Cause this was only a 2-way amp, I had to buy one more to feed the subs.

A good friend of mine, Iwan Vinck (ARC deurne) has tested the JL edition, and was seriously impressed of what these things can do, and how they sound.

If someone like that is impressed, there’s no need to doubt, and you just have to GO FOR IT.

The HD600/4 gives 4x150, but in my case, I’m going to bridge it to 2x300 on the front speakers.

The HD750/1 gives 1x750 watt, and this will be used for the subs.

DSC01558_resize.jpg

In the meanwhile, I’ve lifted the PPI from it’s case, and put it in nicely into my cupboard. Don’t think I’ll sell this, you won’t get anything for that now a days.

Then I rather mount it in my golf I drive daily.

Im just wondering why are you using JL audio amps ? Are they really giving nice sound quality ? i know they are pretty powerful for the size and the specs are pretty good too.. But never had the chance to herd one of those ! but still .. in my head focal is way beyond jl audio in sound quality. why didn't you buyed some audison ? LRx series are aaaamaaasing !

(im french so sorry about the mistakes :) oh and i love your work it makes my jaw drop every time loll) :clapping:

he just explained why he is going to use JL amps

yup but .. im also asking if they does sound good because these are digital amp not like audison amps... just wondering if these new ''hd'' digital sound is as great as audison .. and if its only because the top designer from ppi is now at jl audio.. ! anyway sorry..

Here you see the JL Audio's lying in the aluminum box. As you can see, these are pretty small amps.

DSC01565_resize.jpg

DSC01574_resize.jpg

The job now is to flow them nice into the box.

DSC01569_resize.jpg

DSC01570_resize.jpg

I find this logo of JL super beautiful, not sure if I'm going to use this anywhere...

DSC01578_resize.jpg

The design departement is doing over time at the moment, but still not finished their job.

It has to be more cooler, more nice and more WOW then it was with the PPI.

That's a job that will not be easy, it'll be hard, but I'm taking the challenge. I've got time to work something out.

The works on the new amplifierbox are on hold for the moment. Wich doesn’t mean I didn’t do anything this week, but now I have to wait for some stuff from over the water. Too bad this can take a couple of weeks, but that’s the way it is now.

And because I can’t sit still, I searched for something to keep me occupied. In fact, this has nothing to do with the ICE, but think some of you will find this cool.

I’ve decided to make me my own set of aluminum pedals, cause I’ve looked everywhere for some descent ones, but didn’t find it.

First of all, I made some models in MDF wood.

DSC01778_resize.jpg

Once I had this, I copied this in 8mm thick aluminum.

Then I milled in some sloths of 20mm and 6mm deep.

This is the foot-rest on the left side.

DSC01722_resize.jpg

DSC01726_resize.jpg

Since there’s a rounding in the plastic where this comes against to, I had to make this on the backside of the aluminum too.

So it connects lovely on the side.

DSC01731_resize.jpg

DSC01733_resize.jpg

This will be the brake-pedal

DSC01728_resize.jpg

DSC01730_resize.jpg

Gas

DSC01749_resize.jpg

DSC01763_resize.jpg

Brake

DSC01765_resize.jpg

DSC01769_resize.jpg

Foot-rest

DSC01742_resize.jpg

DSC01745_resize.jpg

What you see here, are many hours of work. And it’ still not finished. I still have to do my magic trick still

DSC01771_resize.jpg

NICE WORK!! where did you learn everything to be able to do all of this?? Sorry if question was posted already my interent is too slow to open all pagesin less than an hour lol

Drop a BTL on his head

i think DC lvl 2's beat the infamous jackhammer...

The formulas that you used to predict this enclosure's behavior can't predict turbulence since turbulence is, by definition, chaotic. You can't predict chaos.

what type of router bits do you use? they seem to work very well on the aluminum! this has to be one of the most detailed installs i have ever seen. simply beautiful!!!

2003 Chevy Avalanche Z66

Headunit: Pioneer AVIC-F700BT

Amps: US Amps XT4000D, US Amps XT 1600.4

Front Stage: CDT Audio EF-61FG 6 1/2" components

Rear: Pioneer coax's

Sub Stage: RE SE15D4's

yup but .. im also asking if they does sound good because these are digital amp not like audison amps... just wondering if these new ''hd'' digital sound is as great as audison .. and if its only because the top designer from ppi is now at jl audio.. ! anyway sorry..

heheh no need to be sorry. wasnt saying it in a harsh way. i just saw his reasoning, then see you ask why lol. :friends:

Archived