Sundown Audio

Rockford vs US Amps

kryptonite

Go with rockford, I have one for sale if you want it :D

I now have a T-1500-1bd and love it. 1500 clean watts @ LEAST mine is 1820 @ 14.4 hotta love that Rockford power

Go with rockford, I have one for sale if you want it :D

I now have a T-1500-1bd and love it. 1500 clean watts @ LEAST mine is 1820 @ 14.4 hotta love that Rockford power

Thanks crump lol. i may take you up on that, pending cash flow lol Thanks for your opinions so far guys, it's helping me alot, keep 'em comin!

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

just wondering if anyones even benched their amps and compared them to the birth sheets

2004 Yellow F150 STX 4x4 Single Cab

2 Yellow DC Power 270SP's Alts

4(and counting) XS Power 6500's

4 DD3515s Supercharged

53cu.ft 4th order blowthrough

8 DD M1b's

6 Selenium 8's

2 Selenium ST350s

154.1 @ 41hz Legal Burp

Build Log

ive had both amp i would go with the us amps. either one would be fine. Me personally ive had better luck with the us amps

current set-up

kenwood ddx 712

clarion eq

focal 165 k2p front

focal 165v2 rear

2 re audio sexxx 12

us amps md3d

us amps md42

1 optima yellow top (rear)

1 xs power 5100r (front)

big 3 and 1 run 1/0 stinger wire

my build

my rebuild

smd2.gifduck.jpg

Damn, i thought i was decided but now i'm in conflict again, i hear ya on the RF backing, but than again the US Amps power, soo torn! Keep the opinions comin!!

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

RF Definitely has Power. ESPECIALLY the POWER series. They always make MORE then rated power, and have phenomenal cs. The only downfall with Rockford is when you buy authorized they tend to be a bit pricey, but you do get what you pay for. Also if you do buy unauthorized or are out of warranty, I understand that they have a flat rate to fix amps, so if you buy a $1300 T1500-1 cheap, you can still have it fixed by Rockford for a small (compared to the amp) fee.

Also, as far as the difference in performance between a T10001 and the MD2D. The T10001 is RATED for 1000wRMS, and will put out ~1500wRMS. The MD2D is RATED 1500wRMS, so if it puts out over rated power of course it is going to outperform the T10001. If you have 2 T1's and all you need is 1000w to push them the T10001 is more than enough. A more fair comparison would be a MD2D against a T1500-1bd or an MD3D against a T20001bd.

Personally I would go for the Rockford, because it is more than enough for what you have as well as everything else that is stated above. If power still is an issue I would look at the T1500-1bd and compare that with the MD2D as they are comparable amps, although in the end I would still probably pick Rockford.....

As I said before though, I may be a bit biased......

rockfordfosgate4.jpgmecp.jpg

CAUTION!

POOR INSTALLATION MAY SHORT BOTH YOUR SYSTEM AND WALLET

haha thanks hamsammich, i appreciate the detailed look, that's actually what i was looking for.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

haha thanks hamsammich, i appreciate the detailed look, that's actually what i was looking for.

I would pick the T10001BD. I have used all of them with the exception of the US Amps but I read a review on the US Amps Merlin and while they made rated power it was at a higher distortion level. The T10001BD is awesome but in my opinion too big. The RF T1500-1BD is excellent and the T1000-1BD is excellent as well. No one ever talks about the T1000-1BD which is a replacement to the T10001BD. It's much smaller and puts out 1400+ watts @ 1 ohm and 975+ watts @ 2 ohms. I own that one as well. Awesome amp. RF has a much much better reputation than US Amps and you will always get more for your money. If you buy unauthorized and install the amp probably, chances are that you will never need to use the warranty.