Best screws HELP!!

did a quick google search and found this: http://www.brycefastener.com/page.asp?homeID=70

edit: this site is a little better, has a better selection of screws: http://www.tamperproof.com/categories/products.html

DSC06330-1.jpg

91' Jeep Cherokee - The Heep

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

Posted Image

Is it me or does that seem like an even worse idea than a regular Phillips screwdriver, as in it would strip out really easily or the bit would break with the slightest bit of pressure...

CABCopyright.png

88-98 GM Full Size Forum www.GMT400.com

i put fuses on power wires, and condoms on fuses, to keep the fuses safe!

Posted Image

Is it me or does that seem like an even worse idea than a regular Phillips screwdriver, as in it would strip out really easily or the bit would break with the slightest bit of pressure...

nah it won't. they make torx screws like that too. i had to buy a whole new rail because of that damn lil security thing in the middle. you never know when you'll need it.

Honestly.

If your only system theft defense is a different head screw time instead of the normal, you have bigger issues to think about first, Such as an alarm to notify me of a break in scaring of the theifs. This way you only have a broken window to fix at the most usually.

The way i see it is if they want it they will get it, no matter what.

Also you got to think, If the theif cant get it, they are going to break it so you cant have it either. Which is better then them not getting it, but still going to be a big bill to fix whats broken (window, recones, headunit, etc)

I use a square #3 screw for half, and a tt30 security torx for the other half. 3.5inch long screws.

I also dont have to worry about slipping or stripping either, and I make sure my screws are nice and tight with my makita impact gun :)

• 3 months later...

Archived