Sundown Audio

(2) Powerbass XTA-5000D on (2) DC LVL 5 18"s?????

The Big Chris

:S I gotta disagree here...

I've owned and repaired big Zenons and I now own 2 Stetsom 10kds

Clip happy? They have way, way higher rail voltage than any Zenon. They clip because people are mashing the gain up way too high. You could MAYBE get them into current phase clipping (argh can't think of the right term for it) because they don't have a HUGE amount of capacitance on the rails due to the enormous voltage... but I only see that being a big problem if you're running them at tiny impedance.

I'm yet to make mine protect (eeek modded protection circuit :S) but I'm told they're generally no worse than any other amp.

As for can't go wrong with Zenon, look at all the vertical mosfet amps with spring clips... snapping off output FETs and going kaboom left right and center... also issues with toroids rubbing through... or running 20 IRFP360LCs off a driver that was only ever made to run 16 IMO... every brand has issues, although I've never heard of a Stetsom having any of these ones. The new Zenons ones are pretty damn solid though, they've learnt their lessons by the looks of it...

The jerry rigging I have to concede. The strap/linking circuitry in my Stetsoms is a mess. You can see where someone's had a go at the PCB tracks with a screwdriver or something to make the linking work...

Meh. Either way, they're big solid amps that will wang the hell out of whatever you wire them up to :)

Last ive heard Of a Local's Stetsom Instead of protecting it just got so hot it burnt the carpet and when picked up to rip outa the car the SOLDER INSIDE the Amp was dripping OUT of the Case!!

I would NEVER run Stetsom... Some will... But We all have our own Opinion!

WWW.OSGINDUSTRIES.COM

I LOVE HATER'S

wow do you realize how hot that had to be to melt the solder to liquid? Glad it aint my ride! Although I would think thats a bit far fetched. If it was that hot the heat sink had to be glowing and you wouldnt be picking it up.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

yeah what ever happened to this thing?

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Archived